Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Hight Of Stress-ness

I cannot take it anymore.


I am this close (imagine forefinger 2mm away from thumb, please) to losing it. I have reached the peak in terms of stress levels that are deemed humanly possible to endure. I'm teetering towards the edge of climax point as I type. I know I'm supposed to be doing what I should be doing right now but... I cannot take it anymore lah.


Wanna know why?! I'll tell you why.


I'm making three shifts, to three different locations, at the same time, that affect the three places I most spend my time at – (1) Permanent Residence back in Penang, (2) Rented Home down in KL, and (3) Place of work, a.k.a The Office.


THREE!!! And are the shifting periods staggered? NO! Semua Januari. Semua pun mau Januari pindah! House and Home, 1 January; The Office, 15 January. All also want January. How to tahan like that!?


Stress can die, wei.

I cannot take it lah.


Did you know that moving house is reported to be one of the most stressful events a person experiences in life? It ranks somewhere among stress levels induced by the a death of a loved one, separation, divorce, and even losing one's job! And I'm moving in – not one – but ALL THREE LIVING-AREAS OF MY LIFE!!!


How to take it, I ask you!? Haih.


This is social disruption to the max, I tell you. Makes it difficult for me to function like I normally do. I feel the tension in my bones. It crawls under my skin and keeps me from sleeping without hours of tossing and turning under the covers. It makes me very highly irritable and I get very easily annoyed. I can only assume it must be a real pain talking to me these days. I embody cantankerousness and personify curmudgeonliness. Cross me and face ultimate death. Call me Grouch or Moods for they suit today's me to a T. I'd slam you for it in an instance and apologise, the next. Let's give and take, shall we?


Plus, I recently discovered (like two seconds ago) that social disruptions (like moving house) may have a negative impact on the body's ability to ward off HIV advancement. Psychologists at the University of California have found that psychosocial trauma resulting from changes in living circumstances is linked to shorter survival in monkeys infected with immunodeficiency virus similar in nature to HIV – the same virus that causes AIDS. (These findings were published in an issue of Psychosomatic Medicine in 1998.)


You see, 300 monkeys were tested during the course of that research and researches found that those who experienced changes in housing developed AIDS faster than those whose lifestyles remained unchanged. The authors of the paper speculated that the negative psychological factors may have activated the body's stress response system which, in turn, results in a change in stress-related hormones.


*gulp*


I sket. Problem is,
when sket, even more stress.

How to take this lah, I ask you!?
AAARRRRGGGHHH!


*deep breath*


Ten.

Nine.

Eight.

Seven.

Six.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.


*exhale completely*


It's still 2 days to the new year and I
already can't wait for January to pass me by.

Sigh.


BUT... mind over matter, Pam. Mind over matter. It's all about MIND OVER MATTER! Shift House, shift Home, shift Office – very big deal meh? No lah, not big deal also. Easy only wat. You can do it wan. No sweat. It's mind over matter. Just do the whole mind-over-matter, think-Zen-ish-thoughts thingy and you'll be fine.


Bottom line: Mind. Over. Matter.


------------


Now, for some cheap thrills. Humour me.

Please highlight the space between the brackets.


[ Stresssssssssss. ]


Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Your two-second contribution to
this project is very much appreciated.

Monkey see, monkey do.

*grin*

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

Ai ki siao liao chi ler char boh....Tanjung Rambutan might get another new tenant soon..=P

Moving house = Blessing! New sleep environment...
Moving Office = Blessing! New working environment!

Not bad wat....double blessings while urshering into the new year...=)

S said...

The moving process is not enjoyable. After you move, the new environment is good for you. Refreshing i think.

Don't be so stress, new year is coming. At least enjoy the 1st day of new year.

Stress stress not good. Accelerates the aging process. =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– Of course khi siao lah. If you in my position also khi siao, man.

One place I'm moving house is not for me to stay in wan. It's more like moving my stuff away so other ppl can stay where I used to stay. =(

Second place okay lah. I love the new place. Haha. NICE! It rocks. My very own hub.

Moving office... well, that wan no choice wan. Have to. Paksa rela. Haha. It's the least stressful one, though.

Happy New Year!


ATTN: flying_fish
– No, the moving process sucks. It sucks big time. But I'm lovin' the new place. Most definitely. It already feels like home. =)

And wei, wei, wei... Why you so 'choi' wan? I cannot afford to look older than I do anymore lah. Die.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha..If Im in your position; not ki siao but choh siao...mah beh siaolor....=P

I wonder how your hub(or kandang) looks like...eh,eh...you know we can tell a lot of things by looking at the person's bedroom!Some girls are pathetically lacking in room tidiness...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: adrian
– Hmmm. No need to wonder what my hub looks like. Haha. You'll never know. But one hint is that many ppl like my room wan lah. They say nice to sleep. HAHA.

Anonymous said...

Can visualize mah...Many peoples like wan?! Sounds like "tu-tiau"....hahaha...sure many ppl like wan....Wkakakaka...

Pam Song said...

What in the world is a tu-tiau?! You totally lost me there.

Anonymous said...

tu = pig
tiau = kandang

get it?! =))Haha

Pam Song said...

WAH!

*STABS*

Post a Comment

Talk to me!