Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lemon, Lime & Bitters (LLB), Now In Malaysia!



And amazing drink I discovered while in Perth, courtesy of The FiancĂ©. Addicted from first sip, I soured the net looking for recipes during that 3-month holiday in Australia. Unfortunately, I never actually got around to making my own at home. (Boo me.) But thinking about it now, I miss it. Lots. The froth on top, the dancing bubbles below, the refreshing feeling, the citrusy taste – mmm, nice!


Thing is, I haven't exactly seen it on any of the menus in Malaysia. (Not even one. T_T) But there was a heritage restaurant along Macalister Road, Penang that Mee brought Dee and I to last month that had what looked (and tasted) to me like LLB. Except with less froth and slightly less bubbles. Look!


LLB lookalike @the Sun Restaurant on the ground floor
of the Sun Yat Sen Memorial Centre, Penang.


Totally brought me back to my days in Perth with each super precious sip. =) (The glass very small lah. Drink a bit a bit also very fast finish. T_T)


SOME LLB TRIVIA:
  1. In Australia alone, over 50 million LLB are consumed each year.
  2. Lemon Lime Bitters Day falls on 17 September. It was started in Melbourne, Australia, in the year 2009.
  3. Although bitters usually have a 45% alcohol content, they are rarely consumed neat and are usually just used to flavour cocktails. Having said that, LLB is considered to be a non-alcoholic cocktail (or mocktail).

------------
@the Sun
------------
Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Centre Penang,
65, Macalister Road,
10400 Penang.
Tel: +604 226 5181 / +6012 451 1710

4 comments :

Melhung said...

havent tried Sun Yat Sun ... wat u had for lunch?Anything to kaisiau?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melhung
– Ooo, I can blog it for you! =)

Melhung said...

Ohhh...where?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melhung
– Haha. Wait! Doing it now! =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!