Friday, October 08, 2010

All About The Possibility

It isn't always about having things. It's about how having those things open up other possibilities that could mean more than just those things.


Like always having a car at hand.


I've always loved driving. And although I still drive now, I haven't been driving Baby as much since I started work. You see, there isn't a lot of available parking space at KRPG. So I've been told not to bring Baby there. But after having a car at my expense every day for the last 7 years, it's been tough adjusting to a life without wheels. But since I don't go out much whenever I'm at work and since Mee and Dee are available to ferry me to and from work, it's no biggie, I guess.


I mean, like I said, it's not like I need a car when I'm at work. It's just wonderful how much the possibilities open up if I had a car around. I could, like, maybe go home for a quick nap over lunch. (Yes, Penang is that small and yes, I do live that close to work. =p) Or perhaps even make dinner plans with my friends and head over to join them right after work without having to be dependent on time times my parents choose to ferry me back and/or going home first to collect Baby before heading out again.


But having said that, I probably won't even do very much of all I speak of anyways. Haha. It's just nice to have the option to be able to do so if I so wanted. I guess it's just that "If I wanted to, I could" thing, you know? The endless possibilities that open up after. That's what's great about having certain seemingly unnecessary things at your expense.


Like having credit limits you'll never use.


Last week, the bank sent me a notice telling me that my credit limit just got increased. I mean, it's not like I ever even used the previous credit limit to... well, the limit. Haha. But I'm not complaining. Cos if they wanna up it for me, I'll just be thankful. Cos hey, you never know when you'll need the extra credit.


Like when the bumped me up the last time and almost doubled my credit limit, I thought they were crazy cos I thought I'd never use the extra credit. (I think I get intimidated by large sums of money. Haha.) But as it turns out, I did! Cos I ended up buying an iPhone 4 and an iPad from Australia when I was there on holiday. If I hadn't had the extra credit, I wouldn't have been able to swipe my card and gotten the stuff I was told to buy.


So, yes. The extra credit limit is good. And it's not like I even come close to venturing over the edge on normal months. But it's a good-to-have security for those just-in-case moments that tend to crop up at all the darnedest times. Cos really... spend thousands that I don't have? Pfft, I won't; but if I wanted to, I could. And that's what matters. =)

2 comments :

Jaidene said...

good post! have become a follower maybe you could return the favour SG x

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Singer Girl
– Thanks! And sure, will check out your blog. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!