Wednesday, January 03, 2007

No Fight

Website


Heh. Looks all fancy-schmancy, doesn't it? Well, it's a lousy website. Why? Cos after you obey their command and "Click on Logo to Enter", thanks to the huge ice-cream pancake they placed right smack in the middle of the page, it takes years to load. Bleh. Below is an edited screenshot of the said webpage.


Icecream


*grumble grumble*


Stupid ice-cream pancake.


Nevertheless, judge not a website by its introduction page. Hence, I proceeded. After reading their "Our Story" section, I'm laughing my head off. They actually refer to themselves as "PHOP". Wahahaha. PHOP?!? Goodness. "Paddington's" would have been a better name to go by, mates. It's classier. Waaaay classier. *snorts*


So you must be wondering why I'm going on and on about a pancake webpage. Haha. Well, Paddington House of Pancakes is here! Located in lots 1F-102, 1F-103 and 1F-108, on the 1st Floor of Queensbay Mall, Penang, it was a pretty pleasant sight to my KL-starved eyes. Sad case, I know. So since it's KL that I've been missing, I just HAD to give it a try. Just to offer them my support and to help ease their financial burdens that undoubtedly came with start-up costs. RM20 goes a looooong way. =p


Check out the tip of the iceberg of the pancake I ordered!


Pict3816


Nice, no? Unfortunately I can't remember what it's called. =p


Thing is, it looked better than it tasted this time round. Goodness knows why but it just didn't taste as good as it did in KL. Sigh. Perhaps it's cos they didn't include plums. Saving cost maybe? Lousy cheap-o Penangites! And somehow or another, their strawberries were saliva-inducing-ly sour! Bleh. What a letdown. Beh tahan nia.


Also, I was so, so thirsty and like every other PHOP outlet, they actually charge a fee of 50 sen per mini glass of hot water! Daylight robbery! Lousy buggers. BUT. Haha. Here comes the good part. I've discovered that they don't charge for ice. Heh heh. I'll order that by the buckets next time. You PHOP fellas can go swim in your hot water for all I care. I'm going for the FREE ice! Mwahahaha.


*blinks*


Sigh. See what I told you?
I'm a lousy cheap-o Penangite, too.


------------------


The moral of today's story is: -

(1) only eat PHOP's *snicker* pancakes in KL and
(2) only order ice if you're thirsty.


*grin*


0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!