Monday, January 22, 2007

The Bible Vs. Science

It's late and I'm tired.


I think I'll make this a short one. I just hope that my brain stays up with me as I try to write all that my mind wants to say. If I zone out and you can't seem to get what I'm saying no matter how many times you read my sentences, don't worry. Haha. I'll probably read this again tomorrow and I'll catch my mistakes then. In the event of there being any, I'll rewrite the parts I where my brain happened to be MIA. =)


So…

Ready?

Okay. Here we go.


The Bible Vs. Science.
Creation Vs. Evolution.
Faith Vs. Certainty.


With so many opposing factors influencing our take on life, our conception of the world and our worldview, who's to say what's right and what's not anymore? Who's to say which is truth and which is not, when two contrasting and contradictory worlds collide and confront? Sure, we may say that we are the ones who are right. That believing in the Bible, in Creation and having faith through it all is the way to go – that it is the ONLY way to go. And sure, Christians DO make up the highest count when it comes down to it. An estimated 33 percent of the world's population are Christians (every denomination included). So what if the percentages shown are just approximate estimates and do not provide a definitive number? That's one third of the entire population here on Earth, man! 2.1 billion souls who believe in the three concepts I mentioned earlier!


Okay, I've lost my train of thought.
Got myself too excited with notes regarding
the size of specific religions around the world.


Sigh.


Tinki paging Brain.
Tinki paging Brain.
Come in, Brain.
Do you read me?


Sigh.


Apparently not.


I think I should close soon.


So, my point of writing is this: I'm a Bible-believing Christian. You see, my God has given me a set of scriptures, consisting of 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, that tell me everything I need to know about every aspect of life. The answers are all already there. I just have to know where to look. Heck, I have to WANT to look or I may miss it altogether. Wrapped within these scriptures are clear guidelines regarding my conduct towards whatever that may come my way.


Aaargh.

This isn't working.

I'm gonna just leave you with this.


--------------------
Quote of the day:
--------------------


"When science and the Bible differ, science has obviously misinterpreted its data."

– Henry Morris (Institute for Creation Research)


-------------------


No matter what I may think and no matter what logic, science,
reasoning and commonsense may tell me, as long as it contradicts
with what my Bible says, I know that it is I who have made a mistake.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!