Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Have A Great Time

You know that Golden Globe-winning animated feature film that's presented by Walt Disney Pictures, produced by Pixar Animation Studios, and distributed by Buena Vista Pictures Distribution? The one that was released in the US on in June 2006 and later in the UK a month later?


Know it?
They call it Cars.
Heard of it?


Well…


I just watched it!!!
SO NICE!
I like.


Sigh.


Fine, I know I'm super lag when it comes to this but, come on, gimmie a break. I had too much on my plate when the movie came out back in mid-2006. I'm pretty up-to-date when it comes to movies these days. Honest! And plus, I WANTED to watch Cars when it was released. I even made plans! I did! I promise!


*blink blink*


I so don't know why I'm even bothered to explain myself to you.
Heck, this is MY blog. So what if I watch a few movies a little too late?


*huffs*


And to you guys who watched it before me, I say to you,
"Ya la, ya la. So what? Think you very clever la now?!"


Sheesh.


Okay, sorry. Enough with the rage issues.
Haha. I'm just kiddin' ya.
I'm in a good mood. Really.


*wide wide smile*


Well guys, I learnt something today. Learnt it from talking cars. Heh. If you watched this movie, you'd know where this was taken from. If you watched it and don't remember, how could you possibly not?! Go watch it again. If you haven't watched it, HAHA. You're worse than me. Thanks for making me feel better. =p


Now, read it. Read it with emotion.


------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conversation Between Lightning McQueen And Sally Carrera
------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN: Whoa. Look at that. Look, they're drivin' right by; they don't even know what they're missing!

SALLY CARRERA: Well, it didn't use to be that way.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN: Oh yeah?

SALLY CARRERA: Yeah. Forty years ago, that Interstate down there didn't exist.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN: Really?

SALLY CARRERA: Yeah. Back then, cars came across the country a whole different way.

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN: How do you mean?

SALLY CARRERA: Well, the road didn't cut through the land like that Interstate. It moved with the land, you know? It rose, it fell, it curved. Cars didn't drive on it to make great time. They drove on it to have a great time.

---------------------


Wow.


I love that last part – "Cars didn't drive on it to make great time. They drove on it to have a great time." It may come out sounding all clichéd but it's true, you know. When it comes to life, it's not the destination… it's the journey.


I hope life's like that for me. Always. I don't want to end up cursing as I journey on towards my destination. What's the point of living this life we lead if we're just going to breeze by it without taking in all that Life has to offer? No. I want to cruise and enjoy the view as the days go by. I want to be able to smell the flowers, listen to the rustling of the leaves, and see the sunrises and sunsets set before me. I want to enjoy the pretty clouds that are scattered in the blue blue sky, watch as rainbows emerge and disappear, and see the stars twinkle at night. I want to watch the waves as they lap and lick the shore. I want put my ear to seashells and hear entire oceans roar within. I want to watch children play at the park. I want to take pictures with people I care about. I want to dance till dawn breaks. I want to laugh till my sides ache.


I want it all. Yeah, I want it all.


---------------------


I miss writing such posts.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!