Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm A Red-Head!!!

It was a spur of the moment decision.


When I was having dinner at her place last Friday night, The Lauder One invited me over for afternoon tea on Sunday. Everything was progressing as planned that Sunday morning but just before lunch, I suddenly decided that I wanted to get my hair dyed at the same time (since I've heard rave reports of her hair-dyeing skills from some very reliable sources).


So, I asked her on a whim,
she said 'yes' without hesitation,
and... we just did it!




I arrived at her home, she drove me out to Watsons, we grabbed a box of kick-ass hair dye and before I knew it, I was sitting on a stool between her legs, in front of the telly, watching an emo movie, with a towel around my shoulders. Haha.


We used Revlon ColorSilk Beautiful Color in #48 Burgundy on my hair. Actually, I was leaning more toward #34 Deep Burgundy. But The Lauder One somehow talked me into going for the very-jeng-jeng-looking #48 Burgundy instead.




But no regrets lah.

I LOVE IT!!! =D


Picture later. (Main suspen sikit.) All you need to know is that I likey it so many many muchness. Haha. Didn't quite begin the session feeling that way though. =p


Come, I story you.




If you take a look at the pic below,
you'll notice that I look pretty 3C.
(Cool, calm and collected lah, bodo.)




So steady, can hold the box
and camwhore summore, right?

WRONG!

Actually, outside only smile big big.
Inside damn skeptical. Haha.




I was actually a little worried the colour may turn out more jeng-jeng than I'd be comfortable with cos that's what usually happens to my hair. Dunno why but somehow, it absorbs colour faster than it should so I end up looking like somebody poured Dulux on my head. -_-'


But that, of course, wasn't the result
of my session with The Lauder One
considering I so love the outcome
as much as I do. =D


Clip clip – splitting my hair up into sections.


Anyways, here's what happened:
The first squirt of colour.


The bridge of my nose tak cukup tinggi. =(


Ok, technically, the dye looked white instead of
burgundy cos it hadn't yet oxidised. Haha.


The woman takes her job very seriously.





But as we progressed, the dye started to take on a maroonish-red shade. I couldn't see it for myself cos I don't have eyes at the back of my head (duh) so I was pretty oblivious to the fact. Right up till the point I saw a blob of hair dye on the floor.


@_@

WAH! DAMN KAU RED!

*heart attack*


As seen here.


Like the pig's blood in curry mee liddat, right??

So... I panicked!


I look more constipated than panicked. Haha.


Trying to smile.


Then I thought to myself:
Argh, screw it lah. It's almost done.
Too late to do anything now.




So, I might as well just smile
and enjoy the moment.


To call off the plan would be worse, right?? And it's already too late to turn back around since half my head's burgundy. So, I might as well just have some fun while I'm at it. Haha. Plus, the dye surprisingly smelled pretty darn good, too, so I focused on that and let it bring out the smile on my face.




Eh eh, keluar topik a bit.

Don't you think I look a bit like the China mui
with the screen name Qing Qing in this next picture???
She acted in Green Green Grass By The River wan.




Hahaha. I keep laughing to myself
when I see this pic. Haha.

Ok. Serious.

Back to the subject at hand:




My DIY hair-dyeing experience with
wannabe celebrity stylist, The Lauder One.

Haha.


Finishing up.


Anyways, s
he finished up the dye and in about
15-20 minutes from the time I sat down, we were done.




Very red hor? Haha.


Anyways, I realise that in my last post I said you'd get to see a picture of the result in my next post which is this one but... next next, ok? =p

6 comments :

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon
– Haha. Why ask then remove the question?

Unknown said...

haha ..

after u shoot me how? how? u ady mentioned u'll put up later.

Lissa said...

Can't wait to see the result! I'd never want to have my hair dyed. :P

gracielau said...

ehh..i look damn auntie laaa...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon
– Haha. Tau pun nak takut. =p


ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. So how? Like what you see? And never say never! =p


ATTN: gracielau
– No lah. Where got. Besides... we're all aunty now lah. Sigh. Stupid age nonsense.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!