Friday, March 05, 2010

12 Things You Didn't Know About Me: The Med Stuff Edition

1. I had jaundice as a baby.

2. When I was a kid, I developed an ear infection cos a beetle crawled into my ear one night and scratched me in my sleep.

3. I usually visit GPs with a preconceived idea of what I may have. If they agree with me, I'm awessum and I so shouldn't have wasted money on going to them in the first place. If they disagree, I start doubting their capabilities. @_@ I'm unfair. I know.

4. I'm allergic to Erythromycin. I go down with cold sweat, get bad cramps, diarrhoea, see stars... and then I pass out. Don't mess.

5. I don't like taking syrups. I'd go for a million tablets over a tablespoon of that vile pink antibiotic any day. (Which brings me to my next point...)

6. I used to pour cough mixture and antibiotic down the drain cos I hated the taste. (Mee, dee, it's time to put the past behind us. Let bygones be bygones and so on and so on. Live and let live. Forgive and forget. =D)

7. I'm terribly irresponsible with my antibiotics. Timing always off wan cos my meals are pretty irregular. I know, I'm the worse patient on the planet to have. T_T

8. I can't donate blood. I don't have enough blood for myself, much less have extras on hand to pass around.

9. Only people from the blood bank seem to be able to draw my blood. Everybody else hit here hit there, cucuk here cucuk there until I turn black and blue. -_-'

10. I've got back problems. After-effects of having been carried, thrown AND DROPPED more times than I can remember. Dancing is hazardous!!

11. I've got a bad knee. The Owner – he's a Biology grad or something – thinks I may have a torn ligament and may need surgery if the problem persists but... I'm gonna pretend that I just have a very, very, very deep, very painful bruise. @_@

12. I have never gone under the knife. And I don't intend to anytime soon. Sket. What if they put me under and I don't wake up??

5 comments :

Unknown said...

even worse still .. just like in the movie 'awake'!

Melsong said...

No. 1: Most babies have jaundice

No. 6: You are responsible for killing the environment and producing tougher, more antibiotic-resistent germs etc!

No. 7: Don't I know it. Grumpy, grouchy and totally uncooperative.

Lissa said...

A couple of years back (while in Ukraine) I had extreme pain in my abdomen and the doctor thought it was appendicitis, when I knew it was food poisoning. HAHA. I had an appendicectomy when I was two. :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon
– Walauuu. That is nightmare come true, man!


ATTN: Melsong
– No. 7: Luckily not like the uncle who slept next to Dee in the hospital. The one who always moaned and groaned in the night.


ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Cheating! =p

alvinrox said...

No.12 : Cannot sket la. How your baby gonna come out like dat?

Post a Comment

Talk to me!