Monday, March 01, 2010

Restless Night Of Fitful Sleep

I've not had a night like last night in a very long time.


The air-conditioning wasn't right. Same temp as always but my sweat glands were going at hyper-drive under the sheets. Got out of bed and turned on the fan. Sat there in the dark, still hot and sweating, but totally getting the chills. Dammit. I crawled my way back under the comforter with a frown and perspired on the outside while I seethed on the inside.


The blinking lights atop the condominiums opposite mine silently annoyed me in the semi-darkness. Even without my glasses on, I could see them dancing across the sky, oblivious to their ill effect on me. Wretched lights. But then again, the real culprits were the thin blinds in my room that left them the perfect opening for distraction.


My usually-fluffy pillows felt unusually lumpy and uncomfortable. My heavy head couldn't find its sweet spot no matter how deep I dug my head (or my face) into the pillow. I tried pulling at the comforter for added insulation. Heh. Ironic how that 'comforter' offered little comfort at all to neutralise my frustration.


Then there were those blasted bedsprings in my 2-year-old RM200 queen-sized mattress that just kept digging into my ribcage and back and every other side there was to my body. I rolled to my right. Drats – still there. To my left. Darn it – there again. Argh! I'd have rip the mattress apart to take them all out but the thought alone consumed all the energy I had left in me from the day I'd just endured with insufficient sleep.


So since I couldn't sleep,
I decided to get upset.


With the air-conditioning, with the thin blinds, with the useless comforter, with my lumpy pillows and with the lousy mattress. All of which were there way before last night ever happened and they never once annoyed me in nights past. =(


Please, please, please
let tonight be a better night?

I can't do another day like today
with another night like the last.

1 comments :

Unknown said...

what u need is someone to hug and pamper u to sleep. it works all the time!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!