Thursday, August 20, 2009

Pepper Makes You Sneeze, Salt Makes You Cry

First, them ad people messed up our emotions with Spike Jonze's IKEA "Lamp" commercial. For what? For money. And impressive sales numbers. And big ROIs. Now, they're doing it again... with salt shakers. Ugh, I feel so used. And manipulated.



AD CAMPAIGN: Knorr Sidekicks • DIRECTOR: David Hicks • PRODUCER: Rob Allan (Sons and Daughters) • CREATIVE AGENCY: DDB Canada • DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY: Adam Marsden • EDITOR: Brian Williams (Panic and Bob) • VISUAL EFFECTS PRODUCER: Irene Payne (AXYZ FX) • ON-SET SUPERVISOR: Dave Giles • COLORIST: Bill Ferwerda (Notch) • MUSIC: How am I Supposed to Live Without You by Michael Bolton


Waaaa, emooo siiaaallll...


I was laughing and emo-ing throughout the ad. Haha. The music, the rain, the slow-mo walking with the "head" down. EMMMOOOOEEEE. Especially the salty tears part. HAHA. Totally heartbreaking. But I love it. Stupid ad people. Make me feel for stupid salt shaker. T_T

7 comments :

infinitium said...

imagine how pepper feels!

Mrs Chong said...

I LOVE THE AD!!!!!! Ya la..make me feel for a salt shaker.. T___T The tears part was so nicely done!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: infinitium
– Pepper didn't care! He just let Salt walk out!


ATTN: Ping Ping
– Ya lorrrr. So feel hor??? Haiyo. We all ah. Kena manipulated di lah. T_T

RealGunners said...

so funny the ad, wahahahaha!!! emo meh? wahahahaha!!! =.=

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners
– Quite emo wat...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners
– Quite emo wat...

Dree said...

I love the last part, so cute...

Once again, the power of marketing - get emotional =) thanks for the post!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!