Monday, August 03, 2009

Headache Nia

That's what I get for drawing plans in the clouds
and not actually sitting down to do anything about
bringing those plans to pass till it's too late.

-_-'''


Back in early July, I made plans to head over to Singapore on the last weekend of August to visit family and friends. Everything was going swell. Ticket prices were low (One Way, RM25 only with Air Asia's All-In Fare!), there was ample time to prepare and make bookings, peeps came back to me and told me that they were available to play Tour Guide – everything was perfect!


And then my comp got stolen. T_T


So I put off booking those tickets till I could fill up my credit card details on my own lappie. (Would rather not key in my details and important numbers on some random browser on some public comp. I'm paranoid lah – what's it to you?)


But that was a bad, bad, BAD. MOVE.

Wanna know why?

Cos ticket prices skyrocketed, that's why!!
Like, totally so very the giler babi mahal now!

Look!




That's a BIG BIG difference lorrr. It was supposed to be RM25 to fly there + RM25 to fly back + RM28 for insurance and baggage fees = RM78 in total. With this rate, I'm paying RM153 extra – wth!?! So not worth it! Especially not when I know how much the flights used to cost. T_T (I hate past tense. T____T)


So since I'm so kiam siap, I got kiasu.
(Che wah. Looks like Singapore and I
are made for each other. =p)


I went onto the sites of all the other budget airlines I know of and looked up the times and prices. @_@ CONFUSING AS HELL AND SOOO TEDIOUS CAN DIE, I TELL YOU!


First up, Firefly.
(Malaysia Boleh!)




RM314.90 for a return flight to Singapore. -_-'''
So ex, go die lah. Malaysia so tak boleh. NEXT!


JetStar




RM217.00 – still quite expensive
though slightly cheaper than Air Asia.

Making progress – not bad.

And last but not least... Tiger Airways!




RM178.00 – the cheapest of the lot!


Still RM100 more expensive than what would have been my tickets of choice but... ok-ok lah. Beggars can't be choosers now. So after some deliberation (read: intrapersonal debate), I finally decided to go ahead with the ticket booking. Click click clicked, fill up forms upon forms upon forms and finally got to this page:




The ker-ching bit.
(The bit I like least – blergh.)

But wait a minute...
Did you catch that? No?

Ok, show you again:




@#)(*&˚∆^%!!!


RM203.00?? Not right leh! Just now say RM178.00 only, right? Now, the final total comes up to RM203.00 – LIKE WTH!?! Daylight robbery sia! (Don't mind the fact that it's technically 2:44AM now lah, can? Ahh, but who really cares about technicalities in a rant lah, cummon?? NOBODY – that's who!)


Went through their fine print and found a tiny, little, only-ants-can-read phi-sai section that said that a "Convenience Fee" will be incurred if payment is made via credit card. -_-'''




What the nonsense.

Pam Song is NOT pleased. RAWR! >(


So now, I'm right back where I started. Back at square one. After 3 hours of brain-burning, mind-tiring, back-ache-inducing, Math-testing, crows-feet-and-dark-rings-causing airline-site hopping, I still have no ticket. Zippedy doo dah. -_-'''

4 comments :

test said...

well . u can always walk across the crossway XD

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Spectre
– RIIIIGGGHHHTTT. Like I'd do any kind of walking if it wasn't in a mall. Pfft.

*grin*

Resurrected said...

actually...in terms of ease, i would choose jetstar if the price difference is not big as it departs from klia

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Resurrected
– Actually, that's true. Hmmm.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!