Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hippo Creek African Grill: Round 2

Remember how I said I was going out for a celebratory dinner last Friday night? Well, grand plans for dinner got rescheduled to Sunday night instead. (Made a call to Hippo Creek at Hilarys by they were fully booked and said that they wouldn't entertain walk-ins. Bah. So lansi.) So, I ended up having Fish & Chips take-out at home in front of the telly. Yay.


And then Sunday night rolled around.


.
.
.
.
.


Hello, darling Hippo Creek! I'm back! =D


And me being me, I decided or order the exact same thing I ordered the last time I came cos I'm boring safe that way. Why mess with something that works, right??? Especially when you're paying good money for it, too! So, I got me my Lemon Lime Bitter (LLB)...


LLB.


Still very obsessed over my LLB.


...and my Well Done 220gm Fillet Steak
with Mushroom Sauce and Chips.




To my disappointment, the steak was a little dryer than it was the last time I came. And the sauce wasn't piping hot. In fact, it had already cooled till there was a thin, slimy layer on it. Like microwaved milk liddat. Yuck. -_-'


Tsk tsk. Looks like the best steak in town doesn't handle busy nights very well. We also had to wait considerably long for the steak – about 40 minutes? But they gave us a salad on the house while we waited so we wouldn't die of hunger. (You can see a little of it at the top corner of that steak picture. *points above*)


Don't get me wrong, it's still good steak. Better than a lot of steaks I've had. It just wasn't as great as I remembered it to be. And to make sure I wasn't being biased or forgetful, I looked back at my original Hippo Creek post and the steak in those pictures definitely looked juicier. Maybe next time, I should order Medium Well instead.


Grabbed this picture from their Menu.


Blue Steak's just sick. Blergh.
Rare Steak is yuck-worthy, too.


The full picture pre-crop.


I like my steak cooked through and through. No blood for me, thank you. Pink's ok but even then, in moderation. I can't deal with pink juice coming out of the steak when I cut into it. Makes my toes curl in my boots.


Anyhoo, they've got a new outlet opening soon in Subiaco. Sometime in August, I believe. Boy, it's going to be even tougher getting a table there! -_-' Already making a reservation at Hilarys – that's a good distance from the city – is a headache... imagine what the reservation list will look like in Subi. *faints*

4 comments :

jfook said...

Ya, it looks a bit dry.

Nina Nurziana said...

nyummy!

Mary said...

Is it even safe to eat bloody steak?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: jfook
– Good observation. But yeah, it was dry. T_T Sad but true. Still yummy though.


ATTN: Nina Nurziana
– Haha. True dat!


ATTN: Flo
– I dunno lah. Quite geli when you think about it, no? Imagine the amount of bacteria living within the folds of flesh. YUCKERS! *shiver* Blergh.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!