Sunday, July 18, 2010

Farewell, The E0506 Way

I know this post is like, waaay overdue cos I like, said farewell like, a gazillion lifetimes ago. Haha. But hey, better late than never, right? =)


I decided that I had to write this post (instead of putting it off like I do many other things I want to write about -_-) cos... well, although the people you'll see in this post were in my life a very short time – barely half a year – I believe we shared some very good times together, too. =)


Here... Meet kaki E0506.


Front (L-R): The XX of The Couple, Yours Truly, Aronil,
Indian's Missus;
Back (L-R): Ah Pek, The Owner,
The XY of The Couple, Mr G, Indian.



Indian's head is in front of 'India'. Haha.

Anyway, back to my farewell story.


The gang so very sweetly organised a farewell dinner for me at Fong Lye Taiwan Restaurant, The Gardens on Monday, 24 May 2010 – my last night in KL. Oh, it was also on that night that all of us heard The Couple's proposal story (a year-long proposal – dun mess) and saw THE RING for the first time. =p


The couple showing off their bling with big smiles. =)




That's the XY of The Couple telling his proposal story
while his fiancé looks on and hears it for the first time, too! =p




He gets a pat on the back from Indian for his story. Haha. Actually, I'd give him one for effort, too! Thumbs up for this dude in that department. (And I'm the girl who doesn't give many guys thumb-ups after I hear of their proposal efforts. =p)


It wasn't romantic per say. It was just that... the road wasn't easy. There were many, many, m-a-n-y hiccups along the way. (Like you wouldn't believe. Haha. That's why the whole proposal took a year. =p) The best part was knowing that he did it all on his own without the help (or knowledge) of his boys. So...


A pat on the back and two thumbs up
to you, the XY of The Couple! =D


The Couple and The Owner.


Oh yes... The Owner's his best man for the future wedding, by the way. But from the look on the XY of The Couple's face in that last picture, I'd say the poor dude got conned into agreeing to it. =p


Ok ok enough about them.
Back to me, me, me!

(Narcissistic giler. Haha.)


The food at Fong Lye's good. But I always eat the same thing. (So, sue me.) Some miso fish something something set. It's nais! Go try! You can see it at the bottom of this picture in front of my rice. =)




Yes, like I said, we ordered a lot of food.
Haha. Even the famous potato balls.




Very yummy. I probably stuffed my face with half the plate while the others were talked. (It was sitting right in front of me. Harhar.)


Seated on my left.


Seated on my right. (Yeah, I know you saw
this picture already but I dun have any others of them. =p)


I wish I could tell you what we talked about and how much we laughed but... I can't remember liao! T_T All I know was that we were so freaking loud and noisy, I'm surprised we didn't get asked to leave. Haha. (I blame The Owner. He's always the noisiest. *grin*) And not only were we noisy, we also stayed till they started cleaning up and turning off the lights! (Maybe they had to cos everybody ciao cos of all the noise we were making. =p)


Indian suggested we adjourn to another place but... I still had lots of packing left to do so it was time to say goodbye when we got the shoo from Fong Lye. T_T That made it time for GROUP PHOTOS!




That was the first pic we took right outside Fong Lye. (Again, you saw this one earlier.) Very serious. Too serious, in fact. So we decided to pretend-act-cute and take another with us pulling faces.




I think the waiter who took our picture
got such a big shock that he ended up
taking the picture senget. Haha.

So, we finished off DIY camwhore style.


Photographer – Indian – was looking at himself
in the screen instead into the lens. FAIL!


The XY of The Couple sesat. FAIL!


Ahh, finally a good one. I love this pic of us!


----------


Dear friends of E0506,

I'm glad we crossed paths.
You injected lots of laughter into
my last 6 months in KL and gave me
lots of good times to remember.

Thank you. =)

Love,
Pam Song

3 comments :

Simon Seow said...

I never been to Fong Lye before. I don't know why I passes by and got cold feet to go in.

niseey said...

pammy~ just dropping by to say hi and pss some love from malaysia~ how are you babe? :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon Seow
– What!? Noooo!!! Next time brave up and go in! It's awesome! Especially that miso fish and the sweet potato balls. No regret wan. Guarantee. =p


ATTN: niseey
– Hi! Haha. Good to know I've still got Malaysian readers since I'm complaining about the lack of Msian food here. =p

But... urm... Do I know you? Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!