Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy News #2

Upon first introduction, I it seemed to me like The Couple had already been together for years. Cos that's what I saw – a loving couple in a stable relationship that could only be heading for a committed future.


But an innocent question from me when I hitched a car ride home with The Couple later that night, had me discovering that they had, in actual fact, only just begun dating a year or so ago. (Or was it slightly over a year? I no longer remember.) Funny. Cos it sure didn't look that way. And I'm pretty good with these things.


So, yeah. From the beginning, I always thought they made a cute couple (those two have really got the fu chai siong thing goin' on). I liked watching the two of them interact. Clearly loving but never geli-fying with the mush. Smart in differing ways though never to contrast; only to compliment. It was pretty obvious to me that they had what I can only refer to as 'good relationship dynamics'.


Well, today, I was let in
on some happy news:

HE PROPOSED!



But not today. And not last week either. A few weeks ago, actually! But no matter the timeline, she said 'Yes', the parents are in on it, and the wedding's set for end-July/early-August 2011. The stone's rollin' for these two, peeps! No time for moss, no time for sloth. Only hard work to party big. =)


Oh, and since we're on the topic of stones, I heard that though kneeling was scarce, there was a rock involved. GOOD JOB, The Couple's XY! I knew our talk over Kepong steamboat would be a meaningful, memorable, life-changing one. =D But 'sokay. No rush to thank me. You can just include your credits to me in your speech, ya?


*grin*

Gah, I can't believe they're engaged but...
Yaaayyyy!!! THEY'RE ENGAGED!!! =D

Congrats, guys!

13 comments :

Lissa said...

I saw the word 'stable' and thought of horses. T_T My mind is elsewhere these days. Stupid exams.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Okay, that was a weird one. =p

When's exams hitting?

Lissa said...

One TODAY, another at the end of the month and last one on the 10th. T_T Pray for me, please? <3

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Whoa. Okay okay. Will keep you in prayer. All the best, babe!

Lissa said...

Thanks. <3

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– How'd it go?

Lissa said...

Ugh. Difficult. Hope I pass. Results by the end of this week, I think. >.<

BenYong said...

bish bash bosh, you probably aced it. ;D

Unknown said...

Hello Pam…

Heard a lot! About your blog – but didn’t get the chance to check it out till today.

Its really sweet! - what you ve written there…

I trust what you have said about Couple XY…
Am sure this piece of write-up will be a good reminder to the couple when they face difficult time in their relationship/marriage…

All the best to couple XY – still lots of hard work to make things happen (like in all other relationships) – BUT nothing less to you, PAM!!! May you also be blessed with somebody special in your life!

p/s: actually, I heard that the stone exist before kepong steamboat… hmmm?!?!?!#*#*?……

catch up soon…

Lissa said...

Benjie: Silly. We both know I'm not that bright. <.< Results on Friday. Will let you both know by then.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– BenYong's right. You know he is. =)


ATTN: BenYong
– Bish bash bosh, Ben? =p


ATTN: hui
– HELLOWWW! =D Glad you popped by. Yeah, The Couple was called The Couple for a reason. Meant to be? Sure. Together in marriage? Definitely. =)

And GASP! The stone existed pre-Kepong!? Wow! Looks like the XY has more than exceeded expectations, eh? Haha. And there we were talking about rings made of grass. Pfft. =p Catch up soon! =D

BenYong said...

Pam: Ya know it dollface. :p

Mellie: Didn't say you were amart also; just said you'll pass your exams with flying colours. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: BenYong
– Dollface? Whoaaa. Been awhile since I've heard that one. Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!