Sunday, May 30, 2010

Update

So I guess I owe you guys an update
to make up for my MIA-ness this past week.


Whoa, hang on there. @_@ Has it really been 7 whole days since I last blogged!? Haha. Amazing how time flies, innit? Didn't quite notice it cos my days have just been a mess of busy days and sleepless nights. I don't really know how to begin so I guess I'll keep it short and sweet with a list. Those things usually do the job real quick with the least amount of explaining needed. =)


Ok. Here goes...


1. 3 months ago, I quit my job. Yes, it may come as a surprise to many but I finally said 'goodbye' to the agency that was once my first home. The same one that's been robbing me of much of my social life this past 3+ years I've been there. (But then again, that could just be me masochistically enjoying the self-prescribed torture I put myself through.)


2. 2 months ago, I stopped paying rental for my room in Damansara Perdana. (You'll get why later.) Thought it best to use my 2-month deposit for my final 2 months rather than continue paying rental and then waiting to get my deposit back. It made more sense to me that way and I'm thankful The Owner agreed to the plan.

Housemate meeting. And yes, we pray together before meals.


3. 1 month ago, I started feeling the pain of leaving. I can't say for sure but maybe SuperM! helped me realise how real 'goodbye' was about to get. So, I started to make sure I wouldn't leave without accumulating enough memories to last till we meet again. I made girly day out plans with Duh Roads. I also went up to Genting for a day with her and Lamé, just to spend time, be silly, take pictures and make memories together.

HAHA. This picture is EPIC. =p


4. 20 days ago, the countdown began for The Senior Writer and I. (By some miracle, her last day happened to fall on the same day as mine.) We took a picture together at the 2-week point and then more every other day we met at work till we reached our last day at MCKL. Even going to the extent of taking a GoogleTalk webcam screenshot when she was out of the office and at an Offline! Haha. Who'd have thought she had it in her! =) More pictures on that later...

The Senior Writer and I, 2 weeks before The End.


5. 10 days ago, I attended my first farewell lunch. The Senior Writer and I happened to work on the same team. So, since we were to leave on the same day (I swear it wasn't planned!) a joint-farewell was planned for us at Delicious, Bangsar. Surprise surprise, she and I even ended up ordering the same dish. =p Haha. Salmon Angel Hair Pasta – YUMS!



6. Later that night – still 10 days ago – I attended the 'Ass' Survivor Reunion. (More fondly known as the SSR to those of us who are in the know. =p) Had a wonderful time catching up with survivors – past and present – over roasted chicken wings and hot steamboat on a drizzly evening.

Look, guys! Ah Beng (dude on far left) and
The Male Ah Lian (dude on far right) were present, too! =)


7. 9 days ago, I cleared out my workspace. Should have figured that I would be working till 10PM right up till my last day. *rolls eyes* How silly of me to think that I'd have an early night off for a proper farewell. Ended up packing up all my stuff in under an hour then rushing off to meet the rest of the crew. You know, it's amazing how 3+ years fit so snugly into a single trolley bag. *shrug* Said my goodbyes to the wonderful people I spent most of my waking hours with, hugged the coffee machine (pictures later) and tagged out of MCKL for the very last time.



8. After packing – still 9 days ago – I sped off to meet the MCKL crew at Sid's for a final farewell. Everybody else had already arrived, including The Senior Writer who, by some miracle, had a pretty chilled out last week at work. Unlike unfortunate ol' me who had it brutal. -_-''' Duh Roads and I were pretty much all zapped out of energy by the time we were done with our Sandwiches and Bangers & Mash. So we stoned the rest of the time till we went home.

We never took a group picture so just know that this isn't all of us.
And if you think I've mastered the art of alcohol consumption,

do not be fooled by those beer glasses. Come back for the full story.


9. 7 days ago, I cleared out my room and packed my bags. It was terribly last minute (no thanks to the superbly crazy final-week schedule MCKL gifted me as my farewell present *rolls eyes*) so I'll have you know that I couldn't have done it without the help of my SuperMom™ and my Fairy Godmother (and friend). Thanks, guys!


10. 6 days ago, I left KL/Selangor – my home for the past 8.5 years. Put everything I owned (minus my furniture and electrical fittings – which reminds me... I WANT MY RICE COOKER BACK, THANK YOU!) into a van and Baby (my trusty Proton Satria) and made my way up North. I even left Little One behind so The Owner and The Housemate will have something to remember me by. =)

As you can see, she's grown considerably. =)
Here's how she looked like before ---> *click*


11. Made it safely back to Penang – still 6 days ago – and started unpacking. I remember sitting on my bed, late at night, just feeling so overwhelmed by everything that had happened in the last 7 days. How things are so different now. And how they'll never go back to being anywhere close to as comfortable as the way they were before.


12. 5 days ago, I was rushing around Penang Island like a headless chicken. I had so much to catch up on. So much to do in so little time – facial, routine dental appointment, visiting the new workspace, eye appointment, visiting friends, family and a 12-day-old newborn, a second eye appointment, time with the family – phew! At points, I just felt like giving up.


13. Made it home after running my errands – still 5 days ago – and started packing. Again. But how does one pack for a 3-month trip abroad? Didn't have the answer to that so I settled with 2 hand-carry-sized luggage bags that housed 2 jackets, 1 pair of gloves, 12 tops, 1 t-shirt, 4 pairs of jeans, 2 track pants, 2 sleeping pants, 4 pashminas, lotsa underwear, 2 tights, 3 pairs of socks, 1 pair of boots, 1 pair of flats, 1 pair of slippers and toiletries to last 3 months. I rock. End of story.


14. 4 days ago, I said 'goodbye' to family and left Malaysia. 10 hours, 2 flights and 1 boring transit later, I found myself making it past immigration, catching sight of a familiar face in the crowds, walking through the gates of the airport, and straight into the cool breeze of a Winter night. Before the night ended, I sighted another familiar face and entered an unfamiliar white BMW that drove me to where I'd call home for the next 3 months away from home.



15. 3 days ago, I awoke in an unfamiliar bed to unfamiliar sights and sounds outside my window. The sound of traffic, the crowing of terrible-sounding ravens, noon light when it was just minutes past 10 in the morning. Guess it'll take some time but I'm sure I'll get used to how things are where I am.


------------


The journey's just begun and so far,
it's been nothing short of surreal.
But hey... at least I'm loving it. =)

You'll be hearing more from me.


XOXO,
Pam Song

18 comments :

infinitium said...

pi mana?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: infinitium
– You'll soon know. =)

陳一豪 said...

omg melbourne? definitely AU!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– Haha. Kaypo-chee! Wait lah. You'll see more pictures soon. Then you can start guessing. =p

yapthomas said...

Enjoy! :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Thanks! =D

Unknown said...

hmm .. if i remember correctly, someone owes me some answers hor .. hor .. something something abt AMA hor. dun u think i deserve to know?? :P

anyway, watever u doing, take care, put another xtras if cold and remember always to take kit kat. enjoy ya.

Reubz said...

u gonna work in pg next?

Jovin Wong said...

Oh oh... I wanted to tell you this the other day but I forgot.

"Get me a beef jerky will ya?" ;) Pwease.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon
– Haha. I should have time to get all my AMAs answered while I'm here! =p

p/s: Why Kit-Kat?


ATTN: Reubz
– Haha. That's the plan. =)


ATTN: Vin
– Haha. Yes, ma'am! I haven't had any yet myself!

Lissa said...

*grins* You did a very plucky thing and though I'm a little disappointed I won't be meeting you in KL, I'm sure there are other places to meet up. At least you're happy where you are. God bless you, woman. Hope to see you in August or so. ^.^ *hugs* Take care! And enjoy yourself. :D

Reubz said...

so, are you gonna tell us where you will be working, or do you plan to be just as shady about your plans?

Anonymous said...

you said 3 months...? so 3 months in Australia and you'll be back? Visiting workspace in Pg? So does that mean decided to work in Pg liao?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Your boy's in Penang so I'm sure you'll be heading my way some time or another. Give me a ring when you do. Or an email or a FB message. Haha. We'll still be able to do some whipping up in the kitchen. =p


ATTN: Reubz
– Shady! A little bit of mystery can be a good thing, no? =p


ATTN: sphyrez
– Haha. Wah wah! Detective nyer! Haha. Dun so kancheong. Wait 3 months and see lah. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Ok lor. But enjoy your 3 months there. The feeling of watching a sunrise at a different location other than Malaysia is unique. Heck! You're watching it earlier than me too! Oooo the air! :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sphyrez
– Haha. I love watching the sunrise but it rises waaaay too early here so I only catch sunsets. Haha. Sad but true. Maybe one day. I've got 3 months to make it work. =p

RealGunners said...

you packed the wrong way la.. the only way to pack for a 3 month trip is to bring just the empty luggage, and fill them up while you're there...

anyway, enjoy your stint ya :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners
– Haha. Good tip! Wish I could do that but my bank account doesn't permit the empty luggage thing. HAHA. So no choice. Gotta break that back and pack, pack, pack.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!