Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Date

I guess that when an engagement is announced,
it is common that the next thing people ask is:


"So, when's the big day?"

Or...

"Have you picked a date yet?"

Or...

"When? When? When? Dammit,
wheeEEeennNnNnnN???"



I mean, it's understandable and really no big surprise, right? Especially since that's what most engaged couples decide on first – so that can kiasu and chup hotel/venue fast fast =p – even before thinking about wedding gowns, bridal shoes or colour schemes. Even most of the self-help wedding books I've been browsing at Borders suggest coming to a decision ASAP.


Secretly snapped this one during my last visit to Borders.


But it's not quite the same for The Fiancé and I. I've been stumbling over words and going mmm and umm every time people ask me that cos – well, this is embarrassing (and depressing) to say but...


I. Don't. Know.

Yup, I don't know when
the wedding's gonna be held.


The big ballpark figure as of now is 2011. And unfortunately, it looks to me like that's as detailed as it's gonna get around here for the time being. -_-'''


It's tough planning a wedding from so far away. Especially since the parentals haven't officially met up for The Talk yet. That plus, we haven't actually had time to sit and discuss the budget yet so booking a hotel is a total no-go without deciding how many zeros we're planning to throw into the big day.


So, yeah. Now you know and
no longer have to ask me when. Haha.

8 comments :

陳一豪 said...

omg when.

Alright just to annoy you.

Hey do you have a checklist of things to be done?

I'm half running my brother's wedding but to date the list is empty apart from the booking of the hotel :(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: TYH
- OMG, you just can't wait to die issit?? Hahaha.

How come you're planning his wedding wan?

And hey, at least your hotel's booked. You don't have to worry about inavailability of preferred dates already. That's my worry now. The longer we wait, the less chance of getting a good weekend when family and friends can fly in from abroad. Cos everybody's everywhere. UK, Australia, India... Bleh. All different holiday periods.

RealGunners said...

u sure The Fiancé won't suddenly come back one day and tell u something like: "dear, we're gonna get married in 2 weeks time, i already book the hotel, send all invitations, so and so and so, kaotim everything already."?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: RealGunners
– Hahahahaha. If only. =p

Jasmine Yim said...

Congrats Pam on your engagement!!

To be honest, my fiance and I still have no date despite being engaged for 3 months! (our parents want auspicious dates, as a sign of respect, we are STILL waiting for THE date to come out).

At least you're looking at shoes now.. that's a great start :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jasmine
- Hi again! Haha. Thanks. Congrats right back atcha! =)

At least you're waiting for a date to appear. For us, we're not really superstitious so it's just procratination. Haha. I guess that's why it's a little frustrating. And you know how it is in Malaysia. It's almost impossible to get a hotel booking (good hotel, that is) and book a good photographer in less than a year so... The time period his mom wants is slipping by day by day. I dunno how it can happen as she hopes anymore.

Haha. I'm not really hunting for shoes yet. It's difficult finding shoes in my size in Australia!! That and we haven't chosen our colour scheme yet.

You getting married in Perth?

Jasmine Yim said...

Yes, we're getting married in Perth. :) but we'll have dinners in KL & Singapore as well.

Am looking at Spring next year (still with no date), it's such a beautiful season to get married in.. not to mention Spring does carry the notion of newness, new journey together.

I agree with you that preferred hotel & photographer might not be available the longer we wait.. Best of luck to both of us!! :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jasmine
- Ooo, triple joy! Nice! Haha. Where you getting married in Perth? Where where? Kings Park? Say Kings Park! Haha. The Fiance told me that if we were to get married in Perth, we'd definitely book that restaurant in Kings Park. We saw a wedding there once and with all the flowers and balloons, it was beeeyooteefool!

And yeah, Spring is lovely. And yes! I was thinking Spring colours for mine as well cos of the renewal!

Since you're in Australia, you should try getting Jasmine Star as your photographer. Don't expect her to be cheap but she's definitely worth every buck you spend. She's sooo awesome! I'll have to find some other photographer in Msia. Haha. Who you using there?

Post a Comment

Talk to me!