Monday, July 05, 2010

Post-Proposal Monologue

I blogged bout their super-creative, kick-ass wedding a whole year ago. They recently celebrated their first anniversary as husband and wife. She even more recently published a post remembering how just 2 years ago, she said, "Yes." *click* But all that suddenly pales in comparison to one post I just discovered on her blog this morning.


Read this.

.
.
.
.
.
.

It wasn't dreamy or pretty.

It was simply the honest words
of a man so deeply in love.


But love is beautiful. And so is honesty. So, when the two come together in one no-frills, honest-to-God post, you get nothing short of sensational. Here are but a few of my favourite excerpts from her then-fiancé-now-husband's post-proposal post:


"You just lie there smiling and thinking about everything,
and if you concentrate hard enough, you can still
capture Polaroid snapshots of the night."

. . .

"In the end I decided on a simple
“I want to spend the rest of my life
with you, will you marry me?”."

. . .

"Coins in the crack:
The special moments are what we remember.
Screw all the bad times, the moments when everything
just seems to fit are those that we never forget."

. . .

"Guess this may be the reason why
elaborate proposals are so important.
It’s all about giving her that story
she can tell her friends."

. . .

"I asked. And she said yes.
We were one step closer to getting married.
Everything was right with the world again."


-----------


Damn, that man has got to be a writer!

5 comments :

suhaisweet said...

Not Bad..My Hot topic 4 the day.. Hot!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: suhaisweet
– Haha. Yeah, I thought it was sweet, too.

joshuaongys said...

dum dee dum

Pam Song said...

ATTN: joshuaongys
– You dun dum dum here dee dee there. You better prepare your proposal story.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: joshuaongys
– Dun dum here dee there. You better go think about how you wanna propose. You'll have to do it someday. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!