Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Russell Peters Is Engaged!

I read somewhere on somebody's Facebook page that Russell Peters would be coming to this part of town sometime soon. Like, really??? Cos the dude makes me laugh like hell. Haha. So what I did was, I ran a search to see if I'd be around when he was. And if possible, I wanted to score myself some tickets if they were affordable.


But did I end up getting tour dates? No.
Did something else catch my eye? Yes.


Click on image to follow Russell Peters on Twitter.


THE DUDE JUST GOT ENGAGED, YO!

Looks like everybody's doing it these days!

Haha.


I don't know why I'm so surprised though. I mean, the man is already 39. Haha. About time! =p I dunno, I guess I just never saw him as the dating kind cos he's so unbelievably rude, tactless, obnoxious and so much of an ass on set! Haha. But hey, that's showbiz. It's all a show. Maybe he's a real softie on the inside who likes white bunny rabbits and pink fluffy towels. =p


Anyhoo, sometime last weekend – possibly on Sunday, June 11th – he proposed to his girlfriend, MonicaNBB, with a 4.03 carat, radiant-cut engagement ring and she said, "Yes!" (Who wouldn't with a rock of that size, eh?! Can go blind, man. =p) She shot out a tweet with a picture of her bling so check it out.




Killa.


Now I just wonder if this comedian's planning on injecting some humour into his wedding vows. Haha. I'd buy that DVD for sure. =p

24 comments :

Anonymous said...

why so excited. they'll be divorced eventually anyway.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: SirButterRoll
– Walauuuu. Why so negative wan youuuu???

teefernee. said...

OMG. The ring... The ONE ring. So huge. Hahaha!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: teefernee.
– GILA BABI BIG-ASS BESAR RIGHT??? *faints*

teefernee. said...

Babe, she's damn lucky ok. Now, she get to laugh like ALL THE FREAKING TIME!

And, my friend just said: The ring is bigger than her knuckles! Hahahaha!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: teefernee.
– Haha. What if he jokes at her expense?? Haha. Sei mou??

And yeah wei. I still can't believe it's THIS big. But then again, he must earn a lot. Cos traditionally, it is customary that the guy spends equivalent to 2 months salary on the ring. (So says the great Vera Wang.)

Haha. Eh, you married already. You the luckier one. She's halfway there nia. Dun check out her knuckles. Go look at your certificate. =p

teefernee. said...

Hahaha! I think I should frame my certificate and hang it round my neck. This way, people will say.. "Look! Her cert is bigger than her face!" :)

Anonymous said...

i give this couple 6 months.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: teefernee.
– LOL! Yes you should lah! Hahahhaa. Show 'em how it's done! =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Fluxevz
– Eee, you boys are all so negative. -_-'''

Jack Ng said...

wow ... congratsss ....... ;D big ring ... big big ring ...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack Ng
– Haha. I doubt Russell Peters or his fiancé would ever visit this site but if by some miracle they do, I'll pass along your congratulations. =p

Anonymous said...

not negative lah. it's their trend. make huge huge hoohaa about the wedding n then b4 u know it, they're announcing divorce.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: SirButterRoll
– But but but... maybe Russell is different! ='(

Lissa said...

Not a fan of Russel Peters, but that ring is dazzling. x.x

Lori said...

So what Russell Peters has been engaged before, he'll break this one up too...if she doesn't leave him first & this girl's fat all the girls he dates are always pretty & skinny. This girl is just a rebound after his girlfriend of 1 year broke up with him in late March-early April. Nobody gets engaged & means it after dating someone for 3 months!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Think it's her camera but... not very shiny hor?


ATTN: Lori
– Hi Lori, it's interesting cos it seems like it's your first time commenting with this email add. Haha.

Anyway, I don't know Russell Peters in person so it doesn't really matter to me if he calls it of or doesn't. Or even if he's been engaged before. Or that he's only been dating this chick for 3 months.

I'm just the kind of person who gets happy over birthdays, weddings and engagements. =)

Lori said...

@ Pam Song, I know it's a girl thing I guess! ;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lori
– Totally! Hahaha.

You know Russell Peters in person?

Lori said...

I prefer not to comment on that.

Jeffro said...

Wootza! The dude is going for the "BIG" time eh? That's great news! And the RING... so big! err... wrong, i mean so HUGE O_O *looks at wallet and starts counting dollars and cents and looks up with teary eyes* =(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lori
– Whoops, sorry. Didn't mean to pry. =)


ATTN: Jeffro
– Hahaha. Not all girls want icebergs that sank the Titanic, Jeffro. We'll make do with pea-sized ones. (That's bigger than 1 carat. *GRIN*)

Anonymous said...

As much as i respect Russell Peters as a comedian. I'm not sure this marriage will last very long. With all the money he is making who knows if she is after him for his money or love, ya know?

Personally, after only 3 months dating a girl way to short to jump to marraige. lol

Pam Song said...

ATTN: asianbutterfly1114
- Haha. Trust me, I know what you mean. 3 months is too soon to tell. Plus, although I know that getting married in Las Vegas doesn't make them any less married but... really? Las Vegas? Come on. A famed comedian could have done better than that. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!