Friday, July 09, 2010

Thunder!

It's funny but since I arrived in Australia, I never once heard thunder or saw lightning. Maybe cos it didn't rain much. Haha. (It's been exceptionally dry, remember?) Anyhoo, while I was falling asleep yesterday night, in my semi-sleep state, I heard my first roar of thunder. Yay! =)


Oh, and I also slept through my first
thunderstorm in Perth yesterday night.

-_-'''


Things weren't all pretty and calm beyond my front doors while I caught my Zs, man. A road and a freeway were blocked by uprooted trees last night. And other less fortunate people got trapped and had their houses damaged. All this with no thanks to strong winds (forecasted to reach up to 90kph!) in a thunderstorm accompanied by heavy rain and some hail. (Source)


Whoa.

And I just slept through all that
after laughing my head off watching
2 old episodes of FRIENDS?!

Wow.


I must have been zonked from my afternoon working at the comp! (See? This is what a prolonged holiday does to you. Do a bit of work and you collapse before midnight from squeezing juice out of a hibernating brain. Fail! -_-) But the comp-hours I racked up yesterday were totally worth it. My work got sold! Wheee! Got the email this morning. And not one, but three out of the five options I presented are going to be used. Oh, happy happy joy joy!


This calls for a celebratory dinner tonight!


p/s: I got another bigger, more significant reason to celebrate and be happy today but cannot tell you. =p

2 comments :

goingkookies said...

Congrats on selling your work!! Btw, if u dun mind me asking, what do u do?? =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: goingkookies
– Thanks! Haha. And I'm a writer by profession but I also design and write freelance. Sort of like one-stop-shop advertising. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!