Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thank You, Lord

Artist: Hillsong
Song Title: Thank You, Lord



For all that You've done, I will thank You
For all the You're going to do
For all that You've promised
And all that You are
Is all that has carried me through
Jesus I thank You

And I thank You, thank You, Lord
And I thank You, thank You, Lord

Thank You for loving and setting me free
Thank You for giving Your life just for me
How I thank You, Jesus, I thank You
Gracefully thank You, thank You


Life's been treating me kindly of late. Maybe the Big Man up there's making up for all the Bad I've had to endure over the years. Haha. I don't know. What I do know is that... things. are. good. =) I'm happy. I really am! Even when work's sucking big. Haha. Imagine that.


I've learned to set aside time for friends, family and loved ones. I've begun a nutrition plan that has been proven to work. I've begun regulating my sleep hours and now, I get a minimum of 6 hours of shut-eye a day on average. (I slept at 11:30PM last night, yo! *beams*) I feel healthier, I feel better about myself and I'm rosy-cheeks-on-sunny-days every day.


Ahh, I feel the blush
of Good Times coming on.
(Haha. As if it hasn't arrived yet. =p)

All this makes me feel warm,
fuzzy... and thankful.


I thank God for bringing me into the lives of my parents 24++ years ago. (Haha. Living in denial. =p But technically, it's true! I'm still 24!) Not one time have they let me down or left me to fight off my personal demons all by myself. Always there to shower me with love, care and support, I'm glad it's this wonderful couple that I call "Mee" and "Dee". Cos I really couldn't have asked for a better set of maxi-mes.


I thank God for bringing wonderful people into my life whom I know care for me even though there isn't a trickle of blood within us from the same bloodlines. People who will stand up for me and stand by me through thick and thin – doubling the good times and sharing the bad. They more than make up for the fact that I'm living away from home and away from the warm embrace of family. If anything, they have become the family I have chosen for myself. And vice versa.


I thank God for opening doors for me to get back to serving in church in spite of my schedule. I may grunt, rant and groan about certain "high profile" stuff I'm being thrown into but... I have to admit that it does feel nice being back in the thick of things with the family of God. It's been too long since my church life has seen any action. Solo prayer doesn't always cut it, if you know what I mean.


Today, I look at where I am
and I must say that I'm grateful
for the blessings that have
been poured upon me thus far.


And even as I close with this last paragraph, I'm sure there's more for me to be thankful for. But considering it's now lunch hour, I'm just going to leave that for later and go get healthy with a hearty meal with my two best girls. =) (Oh, did I forget to mention that I'm planning to start eating better, too? Haha.) Good girl friends don't come easy. So when you find them, you never let them go. Even if there are others you've grown to start caring for.

5 comments :

ChickLit said...

Amen. :-)

Whaley Bear said...

Babe,

Great things come to those who waits upon Him and you've waited and now is your time.

xoxo

Pam Song said...

ATTN: ChickLit
– =)


ATTN: Whaley Bear
– Haha. The moment is here, the time is now, this is the hour. Tene nene. Tene nene.

Lissa said...

Amen!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Wheee! =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!