Tuesday, October 06, 2009

"Never Use White Type On A Black Background"

Been on the hunt for the book
with that title for the longest time.


Finally saw it at Borders, The Gardens last Sunday... only to walk out without it. Why? Cos they had two copies: one was terribly mangled at one corner, the other had stickers and scratches all over it – none of which I was too keen on making mine.


Tried getting them to call the other outlets but every other outlet either didn't have it in stock or had one they couldn't find. Or so the girl on the line told me. So... it was back to square one: Choose between (1) Mangled, or (2) Stickers & Scratches. Tough call. Very. But... I really wanted the book so... takpe lah. Close one eye, buy, go home, hold and sigh.


Was supposed to head back to Borders, The Gardens by tomorrow to get the book before it goes back on the shelves (reserved copy) but happy-happy-joy-joy, look what came by The Office today...




And I got it for cheaper, too!
Ahh, my day is made! =D

3 comments :

Lissa said...

Niiiiice. I had to settle for a dirty '101 Things To Do Before You Die', but it was meant to be taken everywhere and roughed up anyways. ^.^

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Sucks to buy dirty books huh? I like dirtying the books myself. =p

Lissa said...

Yeah, I'm picky when I buy books... but I absolutely love the old ones, those that have been around for AGES. The smell is to die for. *swoons*

Post a Comment

Talk to me!