Thursday, June 12, 2008

Crisis Management

So here's the deal...


There was this event I wanted attend because everything there was FREE FREE FREE!!!. And because I wanted the free stuff to go, I played an online game. And because the only way to prove my greatness in the field of catching fake fishes in a fake blue sea... (I'm not psycho. That was the concept behind the online game.) ...is through publishing a post with a screenshot of my high score, I did it. I published the post with the title they wanted me to put. And then I sent an email to Nuffnang with the permalink like they asked me to. And then I waited, like I was supposed to.


And because my high score was comparatively high
(I'm officially at 4th place, if you were curious),
I was given the invite I wanted, to attend the event.


Unfortunately, after that paragraph-long hassle I went through, it turned out that I wouldn't be able to make it due to the day and time of the event. Boo hoo. I'd assumed that the event day would be on a Saturday. Or Sunday, at the very worst. Never figured it'd be on a work day. Sigh. Worst was that I was supposed to be at the venue – which happens to be right in the heart of super-congested KL City – by 6PM. On a work day! Haih. Sure cannot.


So, with tears in my eyes and watery booger dripping from my nose onto my Macbook keyboard (oh, the drama!), I wrote Robb Chew from Nuffnang an email declining the invite.




And then I wrote a post detailing my 'problem' with the day and time of the event. (Click to read said post entitled: I Finally Got My Invite! YAY! But I Hate 6pm Like I've Never Hated 6pm Before. BOO!) And then I innit-ed it (like I do all my other posts). =p


Screenshot captured at 1:22AM on 12 June 2008.


Thing is, a couple of hours after posting, I received a call from an unknown number. Hmmm. Odd. That rarely happens. Thinking it was work-related, I picked up the call. (I usually don't answer calls from unknown numbers.) Guess who it was...


ROBB CHEW FROM NUFFNANG!
(Dun play play. The guy is damn serious on the phone.)


He tried helping me solve my inability-to-go problem over the phone and after deciding that there was pretty much no way I'd be able to get into KL before the 8-course dinner reached dessert, we hung up. (Sorry, no deep deep dialogs for you this time. Haha.)


See??? This is why I hearts Nuffnang. These guys are tops when it comes to superb crisis management lah, I tell you. TOPS! (I'll bet it's thanks to Timothy Tiah's invaluable training in PR-ing and PR Practices. Haha. The dude also damn kau savvy when it comes to these things wan. Always smiling smiling. Dunno whether real or not also.)


Anyways... Nuffnang, it's stuff like this you do that remind me why you're tops in my books when it comes to blog advertising networks. Kudos and keep up the good work! =)


p/s: Nuffnang, please don't forget me when it comes to the exclusive screening of Hancock! Click here to read my Not Your Average Superhero post, okay? I think it's pretty funny. Even if I do say so myself. Haha.

16 comments :

yapthomas said...

kasi planta.. butter.. tambah kaya... tambah susu... limau?

Mrs Chong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs Chong said...

I have to agree, Robb Chew is doing quite a good job over there at Nuffnang. He is the one yang layan all the stupid question I ask and never seem to be angry. Good. =P

Timothy Tiah is doing a good job trainning his staff and Robb Chew is doing a good job as a staff.

ps: Robb, if you naik gaji and pangkat, don't forget us. =P We are Penang lang, free stuff is always welcome. =)

joshuaongys said...

eleh.. lolx saje..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Semua pun mau, terima kasih. =p


ATTN: Ping Ping
– Haha. What kind of questions you ask him lah? Haha. But... yeah. He quite layan. But damn serious on the phone. I hear also I sket.

And I believe it's cos of Tim's principles and beliefs. That's why the company is the way it is. From the head down, the body follows, yeh?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: joshuaongys
– Apo??? Nak cari gaduh????

Anonymous said...

GIMME GIMME!!!!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Michael
– Give you what???

Randy said...

i think they call you early is to test you on the game and verify if you could obtain the score.. lol...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Randy Khoo
– Huh? We spoke of no such thing. He called to ask if I could make it by 7pm.

Kenny Choo said...

So you didn't went at last? So wasted! But Nuffnang is always great. Haha what is there to hate anyway?

R said...

pam! u're making me fly when i read this. hahaha.

i'm merely doing what i'm supposed to do. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Kenny Choo
– Nope, I didn't end up going. Boo hoo. And it didn't help that I had loads of friends who went so... Sigh. You're right. Wasted. =(

And yeah. With Nuffnang, what's there not to like? Haha. We go onboard the right ship. =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Robb
– Haha. True maaa. =p

p/s: If you're just doing what you're supposed to do, then it also means that you're doing a good job. =p

Marc said...

Wow, after reading this, I am going to love Nuffnang more, this just oes to show that Nuffnang values all its bloggers. I am really looking forward to more activities in Singapore...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Marc
– Haha. Yeah, I hope you guys have as much fun in Singapore as we do here in Malaysia. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!