Friday, June 06, 2008

We Rock

I don't know about you guys but I always get a weird, fuzzy feeling inside when I talk to my partner...




...and I discover that we're able to
talk to each other like friends do.


Sure, we've got our fair share of mush and I think that rocks big time, too. But I also personally think that it's very important that people in relationships are able to connect and communicate with their partner on a less mushy-fied-ly intimate level. It tells me that there's a real friendship that lies beyond all the couple-ish I-love-you-you-love-me, hold-hands-kiss-kiss bits, you know? And that friendship-powered connection gives the relationship substance.


Something to think about: "Did you go beyond friendship? Or did you bypass it altogether?" In short, what I mean to say it this:
  • Friendship - Love = A regular friendship; no sparks, no magic.
  • Love - Friendship = Uh oh. You've entered the Danger Zone.
  • Love + Friendship = Ahhh, perfection.

So anyway, conclusion is this: We rock. =)

12 comments :

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

Hahaha... aww so sweet babes. Sigh i'm on a big confusion ride at the moment now. There are a lot of relationship talks surrounding me of late. Focus focus

Nigel Sia said...

I agree. Do I rock too?

=)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Aronil
– Haha. Yes, I aww-ed too. (So narcissistic!) =p

Hmmm. Relationship talks are not good. I don't like all the talking. It messes up the head. I prefer immediately going into the doing, and then finding myself pleasantly surprised. The talking leaves a span of time when you wait or hope or am upset but there's really no reason to feel these ways yet cos nothing's happened!

It sucks. Hearts ya.


ATTN: Nigelais
– Uh... Yes?

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

Yeah it ain't to good. Problem with relationship talks is that it makes one start thinking...

luxen said...

gelinya, make my skin crawl.

NickTay said...

agreed :)

infinitium said...

when are you guys planning to tie the knot? like.. seriously... you seem all ready to settle down and start reproducing like rabbits!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Aronil
– I know exactly what you mean. And it sucks to have to think. I hate it. I hate it hate it hate it. I think it's damn inconsiderate of these ppl to talk. Talking to me is crap. No substance. Nothing but piss in the wind that evaporates with time.


ATTN: luxen
– A bit right? Maybe I should just remove this post. I'm thinking twice. Dammit.


ATTN: NickTay
– Yeah. =)


ATTN: infinitium
– We're not lah, okay. Not in the near future, not anytime soon, not within the year, and most possibly not for a couple of years at least by the looks of things so STOP ASKING!

amb3r1te said...

AWWWW...
im happy at the stage that i am with my partner, but i might be going overseas soon and anything might happen.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: amb3r1te
– Awww, right back at ya! Haha. Long distance looms ahead, huh? Well, it'll be tough... but not impossible. Takes a lot of work.

Lorraine said...

So adorable.=].Reminds me of bf.We always chat a lot and sometimes saying mushy stuffs.Its true relationship talking makes ur head break into a major headache.+.+

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lorraine
– Haha. Thanks. =p

And yeah. TALKING about relationships is tiring. I'd rather people started DOING more and TALKING less.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!