Monday, June 30, 2008

THAT'S IT!

Ok lah, that's it. I've had enough. I need to rant.


TOO MANY PEOPLE
ARE HAVING BABIES

WITHOUT WAITING FOR ME!



How can??? Darn it!!! There are now three people I know who are expecting. THREE! I blogged about one here, I found out about another one here when I wrote If I Had A Baby, and well, the other's still kinda under wraps (I think) so I'm just going to breeze by it for now, as should the rest of you.


*grunt*


So bloody unfair lah, I tell you. U-n-f-a-i-r. Out of the three people I mentioned, one's even already expecting her third child. HOW COME PEOPLE CAN HAVE THREE AND I CAN'T EVEN HAVE ONE??? Too much. I think it's time I spoke up for childless (not barren) women around the world. Hear me roar.


Firstly, why do we have to wait to get married and to have husbands in order to have kids? If it weren't morally or religiously incorrect-slash-frowned upon, I'd so get myself a kid – MINUS the man also nevermind – RIGHT THIS MINUTE. All I gotta do is find me the nearest male prostitute sperm bank and grab me some good swimmers. Gau dim. Problem solved. Baby in the making. So easy.


Secondly, why the stigma about single mothers? Have you ever stopped to think that maybe it was because they had wretched men for lovers in the first place? Sheesh. Can't blame them for falling in love with two-faced, commitment-phobic, irresponsible, smooth-talking jerks, can you? And if anything, at least they had the courage to stay and raise the child. Unlike the so-called dad who just upped and ran away like a dog with its tail between its legs.


And let me ask you this: why do so many of you assume that women – bright, intelligent, successful women even – are incapable of raising their own children single-handedly? Hello, if she can juggle numerous accounts, convince people in power to listen to her views, and manage 150 employees in an MNC,... do you really think that she'll be unable to handle a baby? Puh-leeze lah. Gimmie a break. She pushed a kid the size of a watermelon out of her vagina lah! You boys try and see!!! Talk so much. Hmmph.


And heck, if I don't have a man in my life when I'm preggers (CHOI!), I'll raise that kid up myself, too, if I have to! Not like I've never taken care of kids before anyways. Right? Right??? Pfft! Plus, I heard the whole Mummy thing comes naturally after childbirth (I hope I'm right) so it's not going to be a big deal. These things I can manage if I must. Sure, having a man around for moral support and a little bit of lovin' would be great, but IF I really, really, really had to, I could do it on my own. I just don't want to, and I shouldn't have to.


And as for money? Not a big problem these days. Most women work and have their own investments of sorts so it's not that big an issue already. I mean, it'd help heaps to have a sub-financier around but... when things get rough, we don't get picky. If our salary alone has gotta do it, then so be it. We'll live with that and survive on that. Plus, there's always Nuffnang. Right? Tee hee. (Please, please, please be kind and send more ads my way, thankyouverymuch.)


AND DARN IT, WHY AM I
NOT ANY HAPPIER
THAN I WAS BEFORE!?!



This rant is not helping. Sigh.
This whole baby-making deal is just unfair lah.

>(

23 comments :

Anonymous said...

memang unfair la ok.

i feel it badly too!

urghhh. i wantt...

:...(

Anonymous said...

Blog-hopped. Big fan of your work.

That said, (I know you probably know this yourself,) being a single-parent is not as easy as you make it sound. It's hard.

Like, really, REALLY HARD.

Even my sister-in-law, who was given the opportunity to keep her job and work from home, eventually had to give it up to raise my nephew. Perhaps my nephew's a tiny handful more to handle than others...but the reality of things is that there is just no time to juggle a job and raising a child. Not without some form of help. Especially in the early/formative years of the child's life. Babies require too much attention from a parent and there's seldom enough to spare.

Anyway, I apologize if this comes across as preachy. It's just what came to mind when I read the post. Again, I'm a big fan!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: trace
– Remember 'Little Feet'? I still want. =(

I know our BGR status is a little different but... honestly, babe, we're pretty much in the same position. And we'll probably wait equally as long before Little Feet.


ATTN: Random Surfer
– Haha. Well, hello there. Haha. No need for apologies. =p

I know exactly what you mean. It's not easy. And it's so so so very far from the 'ideal life' I picture in my head. But... if I HAD to (not if I WANT to), then I'd do it. No giving up for adoption nonsense. I'd make it work. I'll suffer a little more if I have to. (And curse her lousy father to eternal damnation while I'm at it. Haha.)

You know, I think I'd rather freelance when I have a kid. I think lah. Or... find a job that allows me to work less hours or from home. Dunno lah. The thought of sending my kids to Nursery doesn't exactly give me the giggles. I want to SEE them grow. Watch them grow and not miss a moment of it. Those days always go by too soon.

Has your sister-in-law tried freelancing? Or does her job require that she sit at a desk in an office to perform? I'm fortunate cos in my line of work, I can go it alone if I want to. IF I want to lah. But again, it's tough. No solid paycheck.

Sigh.

I still want a baby. Does your sister-in-law still want hers? =p

Anonymous said...

ermmm...

you can have my babies anytime?
does that help?

K.Lo

Pam Song said...

ATTN: K.Lo
– OMG, that's the sweetest thing anybody's said to me all day! You just made my Monday! Wheee!!!

But wait. Means who gets pregnant and who give birth? Your gf give birth then I take baby or... I have to personally carry your child?

EH! This is confusing!!!

David Cheong said...

Super siao!

Just go and do it lah, don't need protection all hahahahaa!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Scary nia this Tinki.........Siapa jadi your hubby on wedding nite sure kena this wan....

" Hey you! Give me my baby! * ponting the knife at his troat* " =P

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

woi aunty pam.. your blog like too depressing la!! your happy meter also sudah jadi grey!! brighten up a bit babes.. it can't be all that bad la.. and it's only a baby...

one day when u really have that kid then you'll be saying haiyoh have to pay for the milk powder, aiyo have to bye pampers.. haiyoh cannot sleep beh tahan... she keeps crying.. and then got the instances of "oooohh baby clothing sooo kewtttt" buy buy buy.. then money also bye bye bye :P

~YM~ said...

haha..i already got 3 fren expectingbabies when i was 17. and THEY were 17 too!! tot i wanna be the first to have baby among my peers, but now...22..still tak da.. lol! :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: David Cheong
– Not. Helping. =(


ATTN: Adrian Lim
– HAHAHA. I can so imagine that, man. Haha. Funny.

"BAGI I ANAK S'KARANNGGGGG!!!"

Haha. I think our parents would support lor. They get to carry grandchildren wor. Haha. They will be outside chanting in unison. HAHAHA.


ATTN: Linora 'Aronil' Low
– Haha. I'm in PMS mode. Uber depresso. And it's been awhile since I changed my header lah. Haha. I like it, though. =p

And the baby deal... Well, sure lah money bye bye. But... aren't babies worth so much more than just dollar bills? I think it's a worthy exchange.


ATTN: ~YM~
– WHAT!? 17!? Then I like super lag lorrrr. Dammit! 24 already still no baby, still not married.

)#(&*!@#^&$#

HAIH!!! Need to find highrise building.

Linora 'Aronil' Low said...

dear aunty pam.. you can always just go straight and have it first you know :P sperm donor

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Linora 'Aronil' Low
– Am thinking about it.

Who needs a man? Pfft. I don't need a man to have a kid. Screw men! ARRRGGHHHH!

Chee Hoe said...

If there is a Baby-O-Meter anywhere, I bet Pam's reading would blow the charts away =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chee Hoe
– You just won your bet. =p

Anonymous said...

Hey babe,
Aiyo, we don't need boys for a baby le. I'm so so contemplating to go adopt a baby lo. A cute, blue-eyed little Amo baby. Haha. My imagination is getting too far-fetched now.
Get married quick le, then have a baby kay ? When that happens, I'll come and 'steal' yours.. Hehe =P

Charlie said...

Pam Pam Jie Jie, are you alright or not? why these few days your mood swing like craZzzy? chill abit lah...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– Haha. You think say get married means get married ah? Haha. Not so easy leh. =p

I feel Chinese babies are cuter many-a-time. Dunno why also. Maybe cos they're smaller in size. Haha.


ATTN: Charlie
– Eeee. You also feel hor??? I also feel I like mood swing all the way lah. Damn emo.

Simon Seow said...

You want to be St. Mary is it?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon Seow
– Who's St. Mary? And what did she do? Why am I like her? She's super emo, too? Haha.

Kiddin'.

CincauHangus.com said...

u want a baby ar? easy only. angkat tolak masuk picit.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: CincauHangus (undebug.org)
– HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Good one. But I dun have petrol pump lah. How to picit?

verine said...

it's really unfair... but europeans like so enjoy having baby... but not two or three! omg! i knew a lady, she is 45yrs this year, she had 9 childens... the eldest is 28yrs and the youngest is only 5yrs. for them is earning money. the more u born the more u earn! but malaysian... the more u born, u will hang urself!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: verine
– Haha. That's true. Malaysian regulation does not make it easy for us to have plenty of kids. Especially not with inflation and all.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!