Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Similar But Worlds Apart

I have ticklish conversations I'd like to log.
These happened during lunch hour(s) today. Enjoy.


-----------


While driving past a row of dingy low cost flats.


Ah Beng: Eh, how much do you think a room in such a place costs ah?

Pam Song: Uh, I don't think it'll cost a lot lah but... You really wanna live in this kind of place meh?! Look like not safe liddat lor.

Ah Beng: Haiya, nevermind. I'll go home just to sleep anyway.

Pam Song: Pfft. Boys like you sure kena hump in the lifts wan.

Ah Beng: *laughs* It's okay lah. I never watched The Eye.

Pam Song: *confused* Huh!? @_@ What has that got to do with anything???

Ah Beng: There's that lift scene everybody's so afraid of, remember? Anyway, why would they haunt me? I never did anything to them!

Pam Song: -_- I said that they'll HUMP you in the lifts. Not haunt. HUMP.

Ah Beng: ...Oh.


While ordering trying to order lunch.


JC: I'd like the chicken. And can I have the thigh, please?

Waitress: What chicken you say?

JC: Thigh.

Waitress: *without skipping a beat* No Thai.

JC: Huh? Oh. *frowns* Hmmm. Can you check?

Waitress: You want Thai? We no have Thai.

JC: *looks at Pam Song and says in a loud whisper* What kinda chicken no thigh wan???

Pam Song: *decides to step in to help* *clears throat* Hey, miss. Can you do us a favour and just check with the kitchen if they have any thighs for us?

Waitress: *getting frustrated* We no have Thai! No Thai!

Pam Song: *pause* *frowns* *realisation hits* OH! No no! We wanted the thigh part of the chicken. The part above the drumstick! *proceeds to show part of chicken by gesturing to own thigh*

Waitress: *blink blink* Oh. I go check.

JC: *lost and frustrated* What is she talking about? What you all talking about? What's happening?

Pam Song: Haiyo... She thought we ask her for Thai flavoured chicken lah.

JC: -_-


Haha. English is such a funny (and confusing) language, isn't it? =p Oh, and I love the way workday lunches are rarely ever boring. Yay for me! It's about the only thing that gets me through the day.

16 comments :

Anonymous said...

NO THAI,NO THAI.i call the police i tell u,u don't buat hal here...

XD

RealGunners said...

got CHINESE, FILIPINO, INDON, INDIA, ANGMOH u wan ah? THAI out of stock =D

Mrs Chong said...

lol...i am imagining how confuse all 3 of u were...One is confuse that the waitress refuses to check if there's is thigh, one is confuse why these two people tak faham bahasa, NO THAI means NO THAI la...

but eh, u not confuse also..lol..

Nigel Sia said...

Fergie : Cuz of my haunt, my haunt, my haunt, my haunt. My haunt, my haunt, my haunt, my lovely lady lungs. (Check it out)

=)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Fluxevz
– Haha. I so remember that YouTube video. No pork! No pork! =p


ATTN: RealGunners
– Haha. Ya lah! Haiyo. Haha. Funny only.


ATTN: Ping Ping
– SUPER confused! Like, totally lost. Haha. You should have seen the look on my colleagues face. He thought the girl was mental. Haha.


ATTN: Nigelais
– HAHAHAHAHAHA. Sing it!

LadyVanity said...

hey there... just blog hopping. thought i'd say hi =) cute post... hehe. colours!! feel free to visit and comment my site! xoxo.... take care

Pam Song said...

ATTN: LadyVanity
– Haha. Right. Colours. Good to see ya.

Serena said...

Haha!!! It's not surprising how English so many ppl into trouble :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Serena
– Haha. Yeps! You said it! Hopefully we didn't piss the waitress off too much. Haha. Wonder if she spit into my colleagues lunch. Haha.

Anonymous said...

Wahahaha!.....Next time I go KFC I must say " I want Thai! Thai! Thai!"....=))))

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Adrian Lim
– Haha. Try it! Later they ask you if you want tomyam chicken.

luxen said...

lucky didn't ask for breast.

Then the waitress will be saying "I don't have breast! No breast, you can check with me in the kitchen!"

luxen said...

hrmm... now I'm thinking those mutant chickens they breed for KFC maybe got mutated thigh and huge breast one.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: luxen
– HAHAHAHA. You, Mr, have an overly imaginative mind.

choco said...

HAHAHHA. that line where your friend said ''What kinda chicken no thigh wan???'' is so funny!! I cracked up when i read that. HAHAH.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: choco
– Haha. If you were there like me, it's frustrating! Haha. Only reading it is funny. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!