Thursday, October 14, 2010

When You Take The "Beauty" Outta The "Writer"

When I was writing for an international make-up brand and going to their local head office for presentations every now and again, I was told to (more like "ordered to", actually -_-) dress up and look the part of a *cough cough* beauty writer. *rolls eyes* And by that, they meant no glasses, full make-up, nice hair, fancy clothes and swanky heels. All. The. Time.


"Just in case you ever run into a client," they said.

Well, I never did.

(Plus, one of my clients used to be my college mate
so I'm sure she's seen me looking lots worse. Harhar.)


But now that I'm in KRPG and writing for a different set of clients, I realise that I've begun dressing down again. Nothing more than basic skincare and base make-up – a half-hearted smudge of under-eye concealer, a dust of powder all over the face, some blush, and a little bit of colour and gloss on the lips. (Funny but that still sounds like a lot although it really isn't compared to what some other people I know put on. Hmmm.)


Soooommeeeetimes, I give myself a spritz of perfume before heading out the door; sometimes not. Depending on whether I see it on my way out and remember to put it on. Haha. Somehow I keep forgetting nowadays. BUT... no contacts, no foundation, no eye colour, no eyeliner, and definitely no false eyelashes. Heck, sometimes I don't even comb my hair! (Uh, was that TMI for you? Sorry.)


I haven't gone back to sweats and slippers yet though. (Haha. I remember those days at MCKL. Glasses, sweat pants, flip flops and a pillow snuggled in my arms were the staple. But can you blame me? It made staying late at the office comfortable. -_-) Nowadays, I think I wear my 3.5 inch heels about once a week. Lady pants, twice at most. Blouses, once in a while. A shirt? Never.


I mean, I still try to look presentable at meetings lah. But when I know that there aren't any penned into my diary, I just don't bother with the niceties. Maybe it's cos we're all expected to take off our shoes whenever we go upstairs to the Studio. (That's what the Creative Department is called here.) So it just makes everything feel a lot more casual. Even though it may not really be the case.


Anyway, I think I'll stop rambling now and go back to doing work. I've got so much to do it's not funny or fun anymore. Haha. But it's okay. 2 DAYS TO THE WEEKEND, BAY-BEH! I've got a facial planned for Saturday morn so I'm really looking forward to that. Almost makes me feel like this whole slog-now-sleep-later thing is worth it. Almost. =p


Ah, but whatever lah.

I'm sure the beautician will be able to repair
whatever damage I'm doing to my skin. =)

 I hope.

@_@

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!