Saturday, October 16, 2010

D.I.Y – Full Steam Ahead!

After some deliberation, The Fiancé and I
have decided NOT to hire a Wedding Planner.


For one, it costs a lot of money. Second, it really wouldn't be all that worth the money we put in cos most of the planning has already been done. We already know exactly which vendors we wanna use and what we wanna do. So technically, all we need now is somebody to just coordinate things and help us execute our plans on the real day. And...


That's what friends are for! HAHAHA.

Bridesmaids, best men and good friends,
we're counting on you!

*grin*


Thing is... not having a Wedding Planner also kinda means doing all the preliminary organising and running around ourselves. Like calling and booking every one of our selected vendors – hotel, photographers, videographers, florists, make-up artists, etc – and preparing every backstage prop we had in mind (e.g. door gifts, wedding stationary, backstage props, etc).


*headache*

S-E-M-U-A D.I.Y.

*faints*


Plus, everything I've put off since we got engaged in early June has to be done like NOW NOW NOW before it's too late to actually chup the people we want to use. (Semangat ke-kiasu-an!!) Sure, the hotel booking has been made. But there are still lots of tiny little yet significant details for me to iron out with the hotel guys. Like floral arrangements and banquet hall deco. Cos I'm a girl.


*bats eyelashes*

And cos thing like that like,
so totally make a difference.

*flips hair*

Haha. Kidding.

I swear The Fiancé agrees that they set the mood.
He told me that himself when I was still in Australia!


You think and see? You spend thousands hiring a kick-ass photographer but your location looks like crap, your pictures will also surely come out looking like crap, right? Right. You know I'm right. Yup, I'm right.


But I digress. The point is...
all that DIY has been keeping me busy.


Gmail screenshot. And that's just the half of it. -_-'


VERY BUSY, as you can see.


But hey, at least progress is being made daily. So, that makes it all good and all worth it. =) More and more addresses are coming in. Meaning, slowly but surely, more and more Save The Date cards are being sent out. Phew. Better late than never. But whatever the case, I think the super-duper-est, most-ter-paling-amat-sekali-ultimate, luminous-yellow-shocking-pink, glow-in-the-dark highlight of my week is that...


WE FINALLY CONFIRMED
OUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER!

YAYYY!!!

*cartwheels all around*

One down... and about a zillion more
things to go. Whoopie. -_-'''

9 comments :

Lissa said...

You go, girl!! :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. WOOT WOOT! Going! Going! Hahaha.

-yong may- said...

I'm gonna be a DIY bride too! =)
Oh yeah. I'm engaged too.
Like 2+ months after you. Hahahaha!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: -yong may-
– YAAAYYYY!! All hail DIY brides! You're an August fiance? Awesome! Must be the Spring fever. Love in full bloom. =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: -yong may-
– Oh and by the way... CONGRATS!!!

-yong may- said...

Haha! Thanks! Sept engagement actually =) Btw, 2 more of our college mates got engaged this year too: Irene and Li Ling.
Love is definitely blooming!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: -yong may-
– Ooo, I know about Irene's engagement! Haha. In Taiwan, right? She was my client at the time so we met every once in awhile during recordings and presentations. Haha. Her wedding is next year also right? Li Ling I haven't met in the longest time so... dunno anything about what's happening on her side of town. Haha.

trace said...

babe, holler/text n let me know if you need my pair of hands/eyes/ears/feet.

I'm flying down just for you anyway! :p

love.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Tracy
– Awww, thanks babe! I may need help on the real day. Thanks for volunteering! Will update you ya?

Post a Comment

Talk to me!