Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Green Means Go

I'm one of those drivers who's always chasing the green light. I don't like stopping. My brain tells me that an idle car is a waste of time and a waste of petrol that's burning but getting me nowhere.


Having said that, I've been sitting on Amber for awhile. (Without your knowledge, of course. =p) You see, something amazing happened when I arrived in Australia. But I was told to keep it out of the news. (Read: The Net.) (I.e. My blog.) At least for awhile. Specifically till July 9.


Problem was, Tinki Talks works like a journal to me. So, keeping something so big and so life changing from its pages was difficult. It's also the place I consider my personal sounding block - where I do my thinking, my mulling and my pondering. And not getting to do all that where I was comfortable doing it was just... blah.


But somehow, I resigned myself to the fact
and dealt with it - the uncomfortable silence.

And then before I knew it,
July 9 came and went.


But I guess that all that time spent sitting in free gear kinda got me feeling comfortable idling behind the white line, too. So I never got around to letting the cat out of the bag.


Plus, I still didn't know for sure if I could actually start putting my thinking back online. No red light didn't necessarily mean a green light, right? So, just to be safe, I didn't write anything about everything my mind was consumed with.


Well, to my surprise, things kinda took a huge turn for me last night. Not only was I reminded of the green light (July 9), I was even told to speed past it and not look back even if the cops come chasing. "Cos it's a happy thing." =)


So that's what I'm doing now.


Sharing the "happy thing" so I can start thinking online again about all those things that consume my thoughts. Like dresses. Flowers. And colour palettes. Cos the offline thing really wasn't working out for me. Haha. (You should see the folder that's currently sitting on my desktop. It's in horrible, horrible disarray. -_-')


Anyway, enough talking. I'm gonna
just share the good news now. And since
pictures always convey happy things best...

Tada!




Haha. Okay... I know, I know. It doesn't look very glamorous in that picture. But... I did take some nicer shots after to make up for it. =)








Better, right?

But I still think I like the ones I took
the day after that day best.






The end. For now. Haha.


Since you guys are now in on the news, you are so gonna be bombarded with colour boards, dress shoes, hair accessories and every other random wedding idea under the sun that catches my eye. Be afraid. Be very afraid. Mwahahahaha. =)

43 comments :

Schmae said...

WHAT IS THIS?! I IZ CONFUSED PAMSONG! :(

zecount said...

ooi??!! getting married finally???

zecount said...

who who who??!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Sheng Mae
- Haha. Why so confused? Boy meets girl. They fall in love. He whips out a ring. Girl says yes. Tada!! =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zecount
- 2010 boleh!!! Hahahaha. You know who.

zecount said...

no i don't !! now I'm confused @_@

zecount said...

too many holes la !!!! UPDATE !!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zecount
- Think, Zecount, think!! Haha.

zecount said...

GMAIL TALK NOW !!!!

zecount said...

ooi ooi ooi ... cepat cepat!!

zecount said...

u dun wan to turn this blog into a chat room rite???

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zecount
- Wah! Paksa rela mia ka? Haha.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zecount
- Walau! Threaten summore!! Too much liao la.

zecount said...

I would have called u if you weren't in Auzzie ok

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Zecount
- Hardcore giler lah you. Haha.

Lissa said...

Ooooohhhh... Congrats!! I know the groom, yes? :P ;)

I'm jealous now. <.<

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- Haha. Yes, smart lady, you do. Thanks ya. =) And don't worry. I'm sure Reuby has some plan up his sleeve. Haha. Plus, you guys have been "married" before anyway!

estherlauderlyn said...

PAMELA SONG!!!!! I HAD TO FIND OUT THROUGH READING YOUR BLOG?!?!?!?

I DESERVE MORE THAN THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: estherlauderlyn
- Sorry babe. I was sworn to secrecy. Haha. But hey, at least you know you'll definitely get front row seats on the actual day, right? That's gotta count for something!! I'll... I'll... I'll buy you nougat!!

Schmae said...

OMG OMG OMG AHHHH! I'M SHRILLING IN MY HALL NOW! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

CONGRATULATIONS, WOMAN! :D I'm so so happy for you!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Sheng Mae
- Hahaha. Breathe, woman! Breathe! Haha. But I'm glad you're happy. Haha. I am, too! =D

Lissa said...

It'll be at least THREE years before we'll get married. T_T When's the tentative date? :D

Uncle Sam said...

Hey. I would really like to congratulate you. Heard the news from mae.

Wishing you happily ever after. =)

TracyEm. said...

fry, u gave me a shock! but nevertheless a very happy happy shock! when hun? :)

love uu!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- Date a doctor summore lah. BE a doctor summore lah. Haha. But 3 years goes by in the blink of an eye, really. Plus, at least you guys will be physically together so yay you. Beginning your career will also take a lot of mental energy. You won't even realize the 3 years. =)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- About the date... The big ballpark figure is 2011. But his mom wants middle of the year so her family can fly in from abroad to join us for the celebration also. Thing is... We haven't even booked a hotel yet so I really hope it's still possible though I can't be sure it is. They usually say hotel bookings are at least a year in advance. It's past mid year 2010 already so... Sigh.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Uncle Sam
- Hi!! Thanks! Haha. And you are Mae's.......?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: TracyEm.
- Haha. Don't be so shocked. But thanks, fry. Happy shocks are good. =)

When? 2011. Month? Urm... Depends on when we can book the hotel and when they've got free weekends. His mom is keen on mid-year though. =)

p/s: I got your FB PM. Haha. Congrats to your friend. It's the season. We're that age. And yes, you're right. Talk to you more there.

Lissa said...

Hope everything works out! :) You'll make the prettiest bride evah! *gushes*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- I hope so too. Haha. And aww, thanks! *blush*

Serene said...

congrats Tinki Talks. =) that's amazing.. now bring on the wedding talk!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Serene
- Aww, thanks! Haha. I'm glad you're looking forward to the wedding talk. It's coming!!! =p

Uncle Sam said...

Mae's friend. We've met once in the curve. =)

Lissa said...

I'm looking forward to the wedding talk. <.< So I can steal some of your ideas. HAHA. >.> I'm running ahead of myself. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Uncle Sam
- Oh!! Please register to vote crew? =p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- Haha. Okok. Wedding talk as soon as comp connectivity resumes. =)

And in your case, I wouldn't call it getting ahead of yourself. You two are practically married anyways. Haha.

Lissa said...

I guess... But still. There have been people dating for what, 8 years and still broken it off.

Oh yeah, forgot one of the most important questions. WHERE is said wedding? Perth or Penang?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- True. With humans and emotions... I guess you never know huh? Eee, such a sad thought. ='(

It'll be in Penang I suppose. Definitely not Australia. Family's not here. =)

Lissa said...

Oooo... Okay. :)

Uncle Sam said...

I've got to say, you really have a good memory ! =D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– =)


ATTN: Uncle Sam
– Haha. Thanks. But hey, of course I remember. You assumed I wasn't a registered voter! Haha.

Moonfish said...

Congratulations :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Moonfish
– Aww, thanks. =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!