Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Need To Meet That Cannot Be Met

It feels like time is running out sooner than I want it to. Like the sands of time are just slipping through my fingers. Slowly finding its way out of my grasp. Falling far and out of my reach.


There's so much I want to do. So many places I want to go to. And so many people to go there with. But I can't do any of it. Not with the day-to-day things that are vehemently eating into my Last Days.


The thought came to me: What if I end up finding myself without time enough to do all that I hope to do before I say my goodbyes? And let's be honest here. With the way the last couple of weeks have been going, I'd say it's a definite possibility.


8.5 years and it all comes down to this – 1 week.
3 years and this is all I'm gonna get – a week.

Sigh.


So I guess it's true what they say: When you start off, you begin with Time on your side. But you waste it all on the fleeting things in life. Like work, deadlines and award submissions. And silly little emotion-wasters. Like cold wars, fights and I-don't-friend-you-anymores.


Then, before you know it, The End has founds its way to your doorstep, and you don't got extra time to waste no more. Realisation smacks you on the forehead and you wake up to the same pretty sight of falling grains. Except that now, that sight comes without the company of the beautiful clinking sounds of sand bouncing off the bottom of the hourglass.


You're not done, but your time's running out.
And there's nothing you can do about it.

2 comments :

JK said...

Melancholy, melancholy...

Pam Song said...

ATTN: san ling
– Ya, man. Been feeling it lots of late. =(

Post a Comment

Talk to me!