Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Growing Up Comes With Realisations

I used to think that cooking for one was a waste of time and effort. Not anymore. It's a good way to save money and spend more time in front of the comp while eating healthy.


I used to not mind running on little or no sleep. Not anymore. I now constantly find myself wishing I had more time for rest and slumber.


I used to enjoy being in the company of people all day, every day. Not anymore. Nowadays, I like my space, too. That means spending the entire weekend locked up in my room with nothing but my music, a good book and the www for company.


I used to think that life was as easy (or as difficult) as you make it. That effort was half the battle won. Not anymore. I have to realise that there are other factors involved. Like opportunity, company and sometimes, a whole lotta good fortune.


I used to think that my life was right on track. Not anymore. I'm a 26-year-old (come November) without a house, a car or a husband to her name. All I have to call my own is a 14-year-old dog with weak legs and cataract in both eyes. And she doesn't even live with me.


I used to believe that long, hot showers could miraculously wash away every ounce of sadness from the soul. Not anymore. Some stains on the heart stay longer than others and are harder to remove.


I used to think that love was simple. You find someone, you fall in love, get engaged, get married, have kids together and live happily ever after. Not anymore. The in-betweens consist of lots of time, effort and work. And there's nothing simple about that.

9 comments :

sy1n said...

26??? c'mon!!! still very far from that la! cheer up gal! :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: sy1n
– Haha. This year 26 already lor. I'm refuse to live in denial. =p

Lissa said...

Experience is a good teacher. *nods*

Serene said...

growing up sucks hey..=(
life is all grey and no longer black and white..
But a little part of me still clings on to the hope that fairy tails to come true..=p

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– A good one. A tough one, too.


ATTN: Serene
– You're right. It sucks. Big time. And yes, like every other girl, I long for the fairytale, too. Too bad those rarely ever come true past adolescence. =(

Unknown said...

u need a looong cuti. 26 still young k.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon
– Haha. 26 not young already lor. I have friends who've got 2 kids and a big fat bank account already! Hahaha.

And yeah. I think I need that long break.

Felicia Boo said...

Haven't been catching up on your blog ever since I changed jobs...this post makes me feel so down...!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Felicia
– Why you no reads me? T_T That makes me feel so down...!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!