Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Singapore, October '11: Lau Pa Sat

I just came back from a short but fun-filled trip to Hatyai yesterday night but I figured I should finish up my posts on my trip to Singapore before I start on another holiday series so... here's more on what happened when I was there.


We decided to head over to Lau Pa Sat for dinner that night. But before running out of the door, we all grabbed a Merci chocolate each. This one was my pick.


Merci chocolates, courtesy of Somerset. I picked Hazelnut-Almond.


After that, we taxi-ed our way to Lau Pa Sat. (Sorry, no idea which part of town this is in. Haha. That's what happens when you don't drive and don't pay attention when you're being driven. =p)  I was surprised at how beautiful the place was. I mean, sure, it was now old, dusty and dingy-ish but... I really thought it looked like a glorious train station that had past its hey days more than it resembled an old market! Look at the ceilings and pillars!







We walked around the place, checking out the food stalls. Or rather, that's what the rest did. Me? I was too busy admiring the old, authentic-looking nonya-styled tiles that adorned the walls behind the counters than to waste time looking at food. Haha. But come on... look how pretty they are! =D


Nonya tiles behind the counter.


Close up.


And it wasn't just one type of tile in one design in one colour. There were many – all different! And each stall I saw had tiles more beautiful than the last! I didn't manage to take pictures of all the types cos we were rushing but here's another that caught my eye enough for me to stop and snap. Unlike the tiles pictured above, this one was embossed and textured!


Super close up.


Close up.


A full wall of tiles.


Pretty tiles; but what happened to dinner, you ask? Well... we couldn't find anything we really wanted to eat there so we ditched Lau Pa Sat after a walk-around and cabbed our way to Marina Bay Sands instead. But that's another story for another post. Have a good 4-day week ahead, guys! =)


-----------------
Related Posts
-----------------

4 comments :

Melissa said...

I thought you didn't like nuts. ;)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– I'm selective. =p

infinitium said...

Singahpor then Thailand.. this chick's on a roll!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: infinitium
– Haha. I wish! Thailand's where the rolling ends for me. Haha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!