Thursday, November 03, 2011

Sigh

It was late. It was dark outside.
But I really, really needed to pee. :-/


The thing about Nature is this: When she calls, you answer. So I out of my cosy, warm bed I jumped. The chilly fake-wind from the air-conditioning danced across my skin and gave me goosebumps in an instant. I quickly moved toward my door, pulled it open, and took a peek outside. Darkness. Never the matter, I flicked the switch to the bathroom just 2 feet from where I stood, and light flooded the area. So, I walked into the bathroom and did what I went out to do. I peed. But while sitting down, my mind wandered. As it so often does when its not engaged. And I don't know about you but peeing isn't exactly engaging for me. :-/ Anyway, as my mind wandered, this thought promptly arrived: "Hmmm. Where is that girl?? Why no pitter patter?? Why no peek-ins like there always was whenever I made any midnight toilet visits?!" I frowned at the possibility that my rare presence at home wasn't noticed tonight. But just as quickly as that frown came to me, it vanished. Because then, I remember with an ache in my heart – she's gone. ='(

4 comments :

infinitium said...

kesian. when my dog passed 10 yrs away, i had that same feeling too.

am sure she's chasing a bone in the great hunting grounds above.

hang in there.

Zhen Ying said...

I'm totally there with you babe. Be strong!!!

Melissa said...

:'( I'm sorry, babe. Hugs.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: infinitium
– Not easy adjusting when I'm back where she used to be and she's not here. ='(


ATTN: Zhen Ying
– Thanks, babe. Us doggie owners know what it feels like.


ATTN: Melissa
– T_T Hugs.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!