Thursday, November 03, 2011

Familiarity Breeds Blog Posts

Tonight – for the first time in a considerable amount of nights – I'll be back at my old home and spending the night in my own room – my old room. =)




But although some of my old stuff is still here (i.e. stuff from when I was still in primary school) a good majority of my everyday things aren't. My favourite pillow isn't here. My books and Bibles aren't here. My best towels aren't here. And neither are my toiletries. Or my clothes. In fact, most of what's in my old wardrobe no longer belong to me! Mee gladly took over my wardrobe space after I left. Haha.


But my, my, how quickly time flies, doesn't it?


I still remember coming back to this room after 9 years of building a life for myself in KL... and just wishing I was back in my rented room at Damansara Perdana. (True story. :-/) I remember hating the fact that my room smelled strongly of my grandma's old maid cos that's where she slept during her time with us. I remember how much I loathed the air-conditioning for buzzing, humming and leaking all through the night. I remember hating the light brown fitted cabinets my room came with. I also remember painting them all over again in white with Dee and him saying my painting sucked. Haha.


Yup, I remember it all. And today, sitting on my old bed, blogging about times and memories past, it feels like all that happened a whole lifetime ago; except that I remember it like it was yesterday. Funny how that works out, huh? Haha. But you know what's the funniest thing about coming back to this old room? It's that it still feels like it's mine. Having said that, I think I'm going to have a good night's rest tonight. =)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!