Friday, November 25, 2011

Tickled Down Memory Lane

I've always known that music had the powerful ability to bring me back in time – to revisit forgotten moments and past emotions like they were no further from memory than Yesterday's tales and stories of fails and glories. I just never realised that nail polish could do the same for me. Until today.


Decided to paint my nails on a whim after work today. Called a nail salon - one that's located on my way back from work and close to home - to check if they were still open at 7PM. Thankfully, they were. So I made me an immediate appointment and was comfortably seated in the pedicurist's chair, picking OPI nail colours in under 15 minutes. I picked this one:


Tickle My France-y F16 from OPI La Collection De France.


Well, I didn't know it at the time – swatches aren't always that accurate and neither is liquid nail polish in a bottle – but I happened to pick the very same colour I used for my pre-wedding mani and pedi! The one I indulged in the day before our pre-wedding shots were taken, the one I put on the day before we signed our singlehood away with a ROM, and the one I decided I liked and fell in love with the day before Wedding Banquet 1.


Oh, and in case you didn't know, that also turned out to be the very same pedicure (FYI, I re-manicured my fingers before the actual wedding day but decided not to waste money on another pedicure so soon) that lasted me all the way to Wedding Banquet 2, past our honeymoon and shockingly, was still surviving about a month-and-a-half after! Haha. It only came off when I next pedi-ed! =p


My post-wedding toes with my pre-wedding nail colour. =)


Yup, I think I shall keep to this subtle OPI colour from now on whenever I pedi. It looks pretty good on the outside, and it sure makes me feel good on the inside. <3

3 comments :

Melissa said...

Pretty, pretty hue! I likes! Good choice! :D

Lissa said...

Niiiiice. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melissa
– Haha. I think it looks a little different in person. It's darker and more pinkish in this picture. =p


ATTN: Lissa
– Thanks! Bet you didn't notice it on the wedding day. HAHA.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!