Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Baby's Back And Beautiful

So after the unfortunate midnight crash of October the 29th, I brought and left Baby at my dad's usual car workshop for some knock-and-spray work along her side. The workshop dude offered a quote to repair the damage (this amount was reimbursed to me by my friend who was driving during the accident) but added that there would definitely be a slight difference in colour no thanks to the time difference in between which the original layer of paint and the new coat of paint are put on. (The additional sun exposure fades the original paint.) -_-'''


Damn. I immediately had flashbacks to when Baby was bumped into 3.5 years ago at that very same friend's house when I was bunking there. (Her dad reversed his car into mine! =p) They handled the repair work for me but Baby came back with some pretty obvious colour differences between her bum and her door. Well, I didn't want the same problem this time around so we asked what else could be done to minimise the possibility of that happening again and he suggested that we just suck it up, cough up the difference in price, and spray the whole car instead.


So we did.

And this is how she returned to me
...all bright, shiny and new. =)


Knocked-out door.


Even colour throughout.


So, in hindsight, I guess some good did come out of this unfortunate accident after all. #positivethinking Baby got herself a brand, spankin' new coat of paint. (Yay, her!) And I finally got myself a looks-almost-as-good-as-new car to drive around. (Yay, me!) =)


p/s: Of course the journey wasn't quite so simple lah. It is my life after all. And nothing about my life is ever simple or straightforward, right? -_-' I first brought Baby back a little over a week after I sent her in but found that they didn't fix up my right-front speakers or my reverse sensor. So I had to send her in again. After collecting her a second time around, her speakers were working but my reverse sensor is still going disco on me but... aiya, whatever lah. Bo lat to run here run there go car workshop liao. Disco also disco only lah. Wth.


-----------------
Related Posts
-----------------

2 comments :

Felicia Boo said...

Sorry to say but how much this friend of yours spells ACCIDENT....

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Felicia Boo
– Funny what the odds are, huh? I should just follow your style. Dun let other ppl drive my car. Even Luis have to wait long long before can drive the car. What more friends, right? But actually hor... nobody drive my car wan. And everybody knows not to ask anyways cos I'm so yum chim with my car. But... she ask ma. Then how to say no leh? Sigh. So just telan and hulur key lor. Then later regret like hell cos of accident. Sigh. Next time must just thick skin already. Just say CANNOT!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!