Thursday, January 13, 2011

Meet My New Kate Spade Handbag!

Washington Mew's Maryanne from Kate Spade.


Yes, it's from Kate Spade. (I just recently discovered that I love their designs! =D) And no, it wasn't purchased online. (I have little faith in online shopping that involves large sums of money. :-/) Instead, it was bought here:


Kate Spade outlet in Takashimaya,
Ngee Ann City, along Orchard Road.


Ok, in actual fact, I didn't even buy it myself. The bag came as a gift from The Fiancé who went ahead and splurged on it for me during our recent trip to Singapore over Christmas. It became my Birthday 2010, Christmas 2010, every-celebration-of-the-year present.


 A very happy me with my new buy! =D


Just don't ask us how much it cost. -_-'''


In my defence, the handbag I was using then – which I just left behind in Singapore, by the way – was bought waaay back in 2007. It was a baby sports bag from Nike that also doubled up as my handbag. (You can kinda see a part of it in the picture above.) I distinctly remember getting it on discount for RM70 – cheap cheap at some abandoned mall my gay bosses brought me to one lunch hour. @_@


ANYWAYS... Here's the thing about girls and the joy they find in shopping. A quarter of the joy comes from looking through hundreds of bags and picking the perfect one to suit your size, style, personality, skin colour, hair colour and, urm, ankles. Haha. Kidding. Seriously. Kidding. Another quarter of it comes from walking out of the store, purchase (in this case, bag) in hand. A quarter from unwrapping what you've bought from its pretty packaging...


The bag's storage bag and its accompanying tag.


...and the final part of the joy comes
from catching your own reflection with your new bag
on your shoulder for the very first time. =D




But enough about me. Let's look at bags!
Or just one bag in particular – mine! Hahaha.


Marbled patent cowhide with matching trim on the outside.


Chic chain straps, detailed with leather (for added comfort)
and embellished with a few fun baubles at the base.
Note the dainty Kate Spade New York tag – love it!


Custom woven mod squad print on faille lining on the inside
with center zip divider, double slide pockets, and interior zip pocket.


Washington Mew's Maryanne is also available
in Deep Ochre, Peacock and Taupe as seen below.




To be honest, it was Peacock that first stole my heart. Haha. But hey, if I'm going to have to pick just one bag to bring home, love, and call my own, it'd better be a bag that's going to give me lots and lots of wear. *kiasu* So I went with basic Black instead. =)


Me with my Washington Mew's Maryanne from Kate Spade.


Click on image to jump to the official Kate Spade site. 


p/s: There will eventually be more Singapore posts coming up. Just be patient with me, ok? Need to sort and edit my pictures first.

7 comments :

陳一豪 said...

HORRR BOTH OF YOU NOT MARRIED YET AND SHARE BED!!!! (I think its 2 singles stuck together but still!)

WTF.

Oooo must have costed a pretty penny. Was looking around for nook (like, the e-reader) and saw some Kate Spade covers going for about 100++ USD.

The interior is a unique, unseen-before touch.

*like*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– Haha. Good eye for detail. But guess what, detail boy, the two single beds were pushed together cos... (are you ready for mind-blowing insider information??) ...we had to make room for a third single bed! We slept with his younger brother while in Singapore. Tadaaa!!!

True story.

But so full of shit lah you, TYH. -_-'''

And yea! I love the inside details of the bag also! So currurfool! I likey many many!

*dies from over excitement*

But ya lah. Their design so nice can die, pricing so high can die also. -_-'''

The Faux Fashionista said...

Wheeee! Such and amazing 2011 present :)

I think you've got the joys of shopping spot on, especially the bit about pretty packaging...and to some extent the ankles too. Haha no seriously, if you have fat ankles don't buy small bags because then your ankles will overshadow your bag. :D

Kate Spade designs are really nice because of the detailing - from afar it may look like a simple, classic piece but zoom in and you'll find cute baubles, inner lining, or contrasting stitching in a fun color. Little fun things :)

Enjoy your bag!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: The Faux Fashionista
– Hahahaha. Yes! Ankle girth is very important when picking a bag. *serious face* Haha. And it was totally the detailing (inside mish-mash of colours) that I fell for. Oh, and the little baubles even clink lightly when I walk so that's a nice reminder that I've got a new bag on my shoulder. =)

陳一豪 said...

Ooo and when they clink you can pretend you're the Mariachi from Desperado wtf ahahhahaha.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– HAHAHA. You have a good imagination. Haha. =p

Unknown said...

The kate spade handbags ensure to store all the basics and keep them prearranged for suitable handling and everyday use or for parties and also for travel.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!