Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Help Me Find These Modernised Traditional Chinese Tealight Oil Lamps From Thailand!

I know, I know. Everything in that Post Title is contradictory. Haha. But if you bothered looking before judging, you'd see that every bit of it is trueeeee!!!






Tealight bases instead of kerosene-soaked wicks. =)


 I really love the lamp on the left with floral motives. <3




Saw these pretty little things at Perut Rumah Nonya Cuisine, Jalan Kelawai last night while celebrating a farewell and fell instantly in lamp love with them. Asked the staff if they were on sale and the lady speaking to us said, "No. We don't sell." Then she scoffed and added, "And you cannot find here wan. We buy from Bangkok." T_T Sigh. Talk about rubbing salt into a wound, man. If I had no conscience, I'd totally have just whisked one home. :-/


ANYWAY... will someone out there please tell me the lady is wrong and that I can find them around and about town? (Town = Semenanjung Malaysia, specifically Penang, KL, Ipoh or Malacca.) I'm not particular about which design is available – although I really love the floral one I indicated above – as long as it's still classical-looking. Lemmie know ya? Thanks loads!


9 comments :

Lissa said...

Will keep an eye out, but no promises!

The Faux Fashionista said...

Oooo pretty! All the designs are nice actually, and I do love tea lights!

I know exactly where in Bangkok you can find them - Jatujak market!

Hmm but I guess that's not much help huh? :/

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
- Thanks, babe!


ATTN: The Faux Fashionista
– Yeah, they're all really pretty. Haha.

And really??? You actually saw them at Jatujak? How much each? Darn, maybe I should plan a weekend away to... I dunno, Bangkok? Haha.

陳一豪 said...

Errr if you find it lemme know too?

In spite of my vulgar appearances, I am very artsy at heart, I think.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– HAHAHAHA. You think. Hahaha. Funny lah you, TYH. You and your watches and clocks and now, tealights. =p Ok, will let you know if I find 'em. Just cos I'm nice that way. =p

Lissa said...

It's Chatuchak market. >.>

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Earlier I thought so too. Cos that's what I often use. But I checked it out cos The Faux Fashionista worked there before so... she should know. Haha. That's when I found this out. *click* Different isn't wrong. =)

The Faux Fashionista said...

Hehee yeaa it's the same thing :)

I used to call it Chatuchak too, but the locals always referred to it as JJ (shorter = better for lazy people like me), so Jatujak it is! :P

Errr I saw lots of stalls selling similar ceramics on my recent trip but didn't go in to any of them - my attention was diverted by fat squealing puppies (home decor is adjacent to the pets section).

I think JJ (see? it's convenient!) would be your best bet if you ever manage to sneak a weekend away. If it's not where home dec is, there's always the antiques section, failing which you just head to the crafts section and hunt some more :D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: The Faux Fashionista
– Haha. I shall include JJ, Bangkok on my official shopping hit list then! Will update if the day comes to pass!

Post a Comment

Talk to me!