Friday, January 14, 2011

Cruel Irony

Why do bad boys keep getting the good girls
they don't even come close to deserving??


From gangsters to thugs, flirts to infidels – why do the nicest girls on the planet seem to keep picking guys who aren't at all good for them? WHY?! So what if he's tall, dark and handsome? So what if he's rich, loaded and rolling in cash? SO WHAT? Are looks everything? NO. Is money everything? NO. You know what's e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g? CHARACTER – that's what! And that's exactly what's severely lacking in men these days.


I know many guys who are pretty nice people to hang with when things are just platonic and friendly. Sure, I'd befriend a gangster. No problem, no judgement. I'd befriend a thug or a flirt, too. Heck, I've even got a handful of guy friends who've shared with me that they've been unfaithful lovers once, twice or even many times before. But you know what? Friendship is where it ends for me. I WOULD NEVER EVEN CONSIDER DATING ANY OF THEM.


And friend or not, I just HATE IT when I hear of partners cheating on or playing out their "better" halves with another just cos they can't keep their their pants on or their hands/lips to themselves. (OBVIOUSLY, their other halves are the BETTER people in those cases – DUH.) I really, really, really HATE it. And don't you come and don't-hate-the-playa-hate-the-game me. I HATE THE PLAYA MAXIMUM COS HE'S THE IDIOT WHO JOINED THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE.


Oh, and I especially don't buy that shit about alcohol-induced "accidental" cheating. Only the DUMB and DUMBER would put themselves in precarious positions that tempt fate with a test that already promises a high chance of failure. So, boy, if you cheated because you were drunk, it was cos you were DUMB enough to let yourself sit for AND FAIL the easiest faithfulness(less) test known to man. What an idiot. For cheats like these, I can't help but think: Self control? Zero. BRAIN?? ALSO ZERO. What kind of moron sets himself up to fail?? An alcohol-blaming cheater – that's who!


And by the way... when I speak of cheating, I'm not just referring to cheating in the physical sense, okay. I'm referring to ALL cheating in every way, type, manner or form. Not just when it comes to the o-b-v-i-o-u-s you've-got-to-be-blind-not-to-know things like sex, kissing, hugging or holding hands. Emotional cheating is cheating, too, you numskull.


So what if you didn't sleep with the slut? Calling her, texting her, going out with her, and/or warranting her more attention than she deserves as a FRIEND behind your partner's back is already cheating. And trust me, I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I know of many other people are of the same opinion, too – men included! And if YOU don't see it that way, there's something seriously wrong and screwed up with your moral compass.


Anyway, I may sound pissed as hell in this post and I can assure you that I actually am cos I happen to think that it's so unfair how so many – too many – good/nice/pleasant girls I know have been subjected to less-than-acceptable treatment by their cheating dates/boyfriends/lovers/husbands. AND WORSE, because of the negative effects to their self esteem caused by their cheating partners, they begin to BLAME THEMSELVES for not being GOOD ENOUGH, and think that they actually DESERVE the ill treatment they get!!! What nonsense!?


Honey, you're worth SO MUCH MORE
than that cheating scum bag you call your lover. 

And if that so-called "man"
ever makes you think otherwise,
ditch the arse and get another.
One who actually deserves you.

26 comments :

yapthomas said...

The very same sentiment I have too! For the male point of view.

陳一豪 said...

Ladder theory. Google and read up: Its quite interesting. I don't remember it entirely in essence so I can't quite give you a breakdown of it, but do take a look.

Another proper comment from tanyeehou.

Melissa said...

Hear hear!

What is wrong with people these days? If you can't bear to be in the same room with that person anymore, call it off. Why cheat? Why hang in there for the sake of it physically while emotionally and mentally, thoughts are lurking elsewhere? It's such a lowly act.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Cheaters suck.


ATTN: 陳一豪
– I just checked out the Ladder Theory. It's interesting. But a little inaccurate IMHO. But yes, I'm honoured by your once-in-a-blue-moon proper comment.


ATTN: Melissa
– I think the problem is not in the fact that they can't bear to be in the same room anymore. The real reason is cos they want more than one person in the room. That's why they cheat.

jack said...

sigh....
words, pages, chapter, books...
amusement, pleasure, passion, lust...
feeling, attract, affection, love...
constrain, commitment, stress, sad...
honest, communicate, understanding, freedom...
......
em i getting anywhere here?

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack
– Only this bit: "amusement, pleasure, passion, lust..."

jack said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jack said...

hahah... deng!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jack
– Hahaha. Bingo!

陳一豪 said...

I guess you feel abit inaccurate cos of your prim and proper nature.

I've met people (guys and girls) who can vouch for its accuracy with er, girls of dubious character.

Lissa said...

Calm down. o.o *hugs*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: 陳一豪
– Aww, I totally take that as a complement! I shall blog this soon.


ATTN: Lissa
– RAWR.

BenYong said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BenYong said...

So did you give these girls my number or what? ;-)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: BenYong
– Haha. Publish your number here lah! Maybe the girls who read will stop by and pick it up. =p

yapthomas said...

So nice guys gets the bad girls?

BenYong said...

@Pam Song: I just might!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: yapthomas
– Yeah, I think the theory works both ways, unfortunately. =(


ATTN: BenYong
– DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! Haha.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: BenYong
– Just don't "DO IT!" to Dr Lissa. That one's taken. Everybody else is free for the picking. =p

Lissa said...

LMAO! Why'd you bring ME into the picture? :P

And I already have his number anyways. >.>

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Just in case Reuby toilet papers my house. =p

Lissa said...

LOLOLOL. I think he'll prolly have more plaster of Paris than toilet paper, since he's in Orthopaedics at the mo. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Hahaha. Eh, can I have some plaster? I'll bet getting it from him is going to be "cheaper" (read: free) than buying clay from art stores. =p

Lissa said...

You srsly want some? >.>

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– I haven't used them before but... can I take time to mould them? Or does it set real quick?

RobertNelson said...

Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. 1970 California License Plate

Post a Comment

Talk to me!