Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Eventually

I was just thinking about what I want in life. What I want, not now, not this year, but like... eventually. (Not talking about eternal life here, okay. Just about life here on Earth.) Like, after all is said and done. Like, when I'm sitting down with a good cup of tea after retirement and looking back at what's been with a smile and looking forward to what's ahead with excitement. That kind of eventually. And what I eventually want is...


1. TO HAVE A HAPPY FAMILY. To be able to come home to a well-kept, quiet and peaceful home that will always be my sanctuary no matter how terrible the day I've had. Where Laughter and Happiness run free through every room in the house and Anger and Irritation never rear their ugly heads. Where time together is precious, memories are treasured, anniversaries are remembered, and birthdays are celebrated. Where spouses stay loving, kind and understanding of each other regardless of the time, day or issue at hand. Where kids are well-behaved, filial and respectful of their elders at all times. And where in-laws never become outlaws.


2. TO BE IN GOOD HEALTH. And in my books, "good health" means "t-o-t-a-l wellness". Specifically, in body (physical), mind (mental), heart (emotional) and spirit (spiritual). It's not about the number of carrot sticks I eat or the calories I don't. Instead, it's about how alive I feel on the inside, and how much energy I have within me to do what I want, to keep my body busy, my mind occupied and my spirits up for as long as I shall live. (Which, ideally, is looong enough.) That doesn't mean I don't want to still look hawt when I'm preggers or stay trim when I'm not. It just means that I can't just be healthy on the outside. I want to be healthy on the inside, too. 


3. TO HAVE ENOUGH MONEY. To pay for bills, food and other necessities without thinking twice or worrying about tomorrow's accounts. To pamper myself as I want, when I want, without having to feel guilty about it. To not have to compromise on what I want with what I can afford. To be able to give presents that my loved ones would really, really want – "Oh, you need a car to get around? Sure!" =p – without even having to consider how much it's going to cost me. To have enough to plan holidays, see things and go places without worrying about travel costs, hotel rates and exchange rates, or worry about coming home to mile-long credit card statements and empty bank accounts after.


What do you want at the end of the day?

8 comments :

Unknown said...

I want my heart to stop beating.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon
– Wahhh... why so emo wan?? Be happy! We're already halfway through the week! =D

Unknown said...

Cannot help it lah.

On other things, I haven't properly congrats you. I know it's old story already. Been away and busy.

Congratulations!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Simon
– Thanks, Simon. =)

And... life's too short to be down half the time. At least give your beating heart some happy tunes to beat to. =)

Lissa said...

Pretty much the same things. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. Girls are so simple huh? =p

Lissa said...

Indeed. :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– If only them boys knew and appreciated us for it. Hahaha.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!