Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It Runs In The Family

Friends and family who know the good, bad and ugly sides of me know that I can be real picky with my food. Like real picky. But I mean, everybody's got their quirks, right? Mine are just predominantly focused on the diet/food/consumption aspect of my life blah blah blah you already know the story cos I've told it a million times. Ahhh, but wait! Here's where it gets interesting.


It's not just me.


Sometime last month, my family and I went to CRC for lunch. And at CRC, they always give out free soup during workday lunches. First come, first serve, of course. Often times, the soup arrives before the meal so there's lots of room in between for pointless chit chat about everything or nothing at all. (Good for the business crowd, I suppose.)


That particular day, after I drained my soup bowl of its winter melon (a.k.a "tang kua") soup contents, I spied Dee's soup bowl and was greeted by an odd sight.




One lonely "tang kua" in a completely dry bowl.


Pam Song: *points to "tang kua" in soup bowl* Eh, why never eat??

Dee: *looks up from reading the papers* Don't want.

Pam Song: But it's "tang kua"!

Dee: *goes back to reading papers* Don't want.

Pam Song: *confused* You don't eat "tang kua" meh?!

Dee: *not looking up from papers* I eat. But I don't want.

Pam Song: *even more confused* Why you don't want??

Dee: *matter of fact with face still buried in papers* Cos broken already.

Pam Song: @_@


Broken "tang kua".


Like, wth?? And you thought I was weird.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!