Saturday, April 10, 2010

DIY Session At Home

Let me begin by saying
The Owner's room has no door.


Yep. He's got a doorway. And a door, actually. But they haven't been married to one another cos he refuses to spend money on ridiculous contractor fees. (Contractors aren't too keen on fixing up doors without selling their own doors.)


Finally, after many months of persuading (and complaining) on my part, he agrees to spend money on IKEA curtains and a curtain rod. First barrier, kautim. But after that, I somehow couldn't get him to put it up. The dude says he doesn't know how it works and when I tell him I'll help, he says he's too lazy to work on it at the time.


Today, I decided to go at it on my own while my two housemates were out. Didn't plan on it but I guess finding purpose in life does bring good change. Project Baby Steps continues! Tackle sloth! Proverbs 31:27 – "She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness." Yeah! Who needs the help of procrastinating men when there's girl power gifted from God? =)


So, sick girl measures, folds, cuts, irons, fits, adjusts, climbs chairs and takes a step back to check out the works of her hands. This, here, is the result of my labour.





Not too shabby work for a sick girl, no? =)

6 comments :

clark said...

not too bad.. how much for you to install ours? =P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: clark
– A home-cooked meal. =p

I saw you go to the mini mart opposite your apartment the other day, by the way. Haha.

clark said...

that could be arranged.. =)
my wife cooks the best baked-mac in town.. oozing with melted cheese on top.. yum!
+ homecooked cheese brownies..
would that be enough payment? =P

hey, you should've yelled "botak"! =Pbtw, there's a used books sale in millenium square from pay less books. it might interest you.

and your lucky.. you're at home... i'm stuck here in LYL working.. =(

Pam Song said...

ATTN: clark
– Sounds yummy! You're a lucky man, Clark!

And no, I was driving past so I didn't do any yelling. You wouldn't have been able to hear me anyways and I'd just be that crazy girl, shouting in a car. Haha.

And yes! I saw the sale! RM3 for a novel!? Madness! I was tempted. Too bad most of the books are really, really old and smelly though. Haha. I may go back next week to check it out over lunch. Didn't have time to browse the other day.

clark said...

the sale is only until tomorrow Pam. don't know when those guys will be back.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: clark
– WHAT?! Oh no! Sigh. I dunno. Maybe I'll drop by with Duh Roads tmr. IF she's up for it. Will ask her. Thanks for letting me know! =)

Post a Comment

Talk to me!