Saturday, April 10, 2010

Baby Steps

Every grand plan to change
begins with baby steps.

I've taken mine.

And I'm glad I did.


I feel better about myself. Like I'm doing something that's good for me. Good for the people around me. I feel emotionally and mentally healthier. Like I have a purpose. I found my purpose. In the same way that others chase awards, status and money, I'm on a chase to reach my purpose, too. And though my chase may bring to mind less thoughts of grandeur, it is no less worthy of my effort.


My purpose?

To be a good person. A good woman.
A good child of God whom He
can turn to and be proud of.


I'm not there yet. I'm not even close. But I believe that I'll get there someday. All it takes on my part are baby steps and lots of time with God, faith, hope, determination and discipline. Hundreds of thousands of baby steps, maybe. But still, when you think about it, they're just baby steps. And that, I can manage. =)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!