Wednesday, April 07, 2010

AMA: Do You Believe In Love At First Sight? Why?

QUESTION: Do you believe in love at first sight? Why? I iz in needs of the great Pam Song's words of wisdom! :p shengmae


ANSWER: I like this question. =) But enough small talk. You ready, woman? Here come words of wisdom! :-/ Yeah, right. Trust me, of all the people in the world, I'm probably the one who knows the least about love and about how to keep it afloat. -_-' Anyhoo...

Love at first sight? Well, the idea is grand and the thought of it sure does sound romantic. But my straight-up answer to that is, "No. I don't believe in it." To me, there can only be infatuation at first sight, attraction at first sight, or lust at first sight. Not Love. Because Love? That's a cultivated emotion.

Love in its truest and purest form needs to be grown and nurtured. It doesn't just exist. And with all that falling-in-love talk flying around, let me also say that Love is not something you just fall into like Alice fell into Wonderland. No, it's something you step into. Consciously. Willingly. You've got to know it, want it, reach out and grab it.

But wait. Let me also say that I'm not dismissing the fact that infatuation/attraction/lust at first sight could grow into love. I'm just saying that, in its first-sight form and all its spur-of-the-moment glory, it is not love. At least not yet (if ever). After all, becoming Love and being Love are two different things, no?

Anyway, give this a think: Easy come, easy go, right? So, if all it takes at beginning of love is just One Look, imagine how easy it is for that kind of love to go away, too. If the person you love fell in love with you that easily, I think it's also fair to assume that he/she can fall out of love with you... and into a whole new love thing with just about anybody else just as easily, too.


p/s: You can ask me anything here.

9 comments :

clark said...

So true!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: clark
– Glad you think so.

Lissa said...

Agreed. *nods* It's what I've been saying for a long time. :)) In not so many words. :P

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Did you just suggest that I ramble??? RAWR! =p

Melsong said...

Haha, someone is back in form. Can rawr di!

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Melsong
– *cough cough* =p

Lissa said...

No, you don't ramble. You're just more eloquent with words. *grins* :P

Schmae said...

Thanks, PamSong. :)

Much love! xx

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– *doubtful* You owe me cooking lessons.


ATTN: Sheng Mae
– Not a problem! =) XOXO.

Post a Comment

Talk to me!