Saturday, April 10, 2010

Trying Something New

I've been trying something new
these past three mornings.


I used to wake up just in time to get washed up, dressed up and headed for work. Whenever work requires that I present myself at its doorstep, that is. So if I'm to be at the recording studio by 10.30AM, I set my alarm to 9AM. If recording's at 11AM, the alarm rings at 9.30AM. (I don't take that long to get ready. I just like snoozing. =p) And it's been that way for as long as I can remember. If there's an appointment, the alarm is set. And until and unless it rings, I don't get up.


But I've been diving into The Word and Proverbs 31:15 jumped out at me – "She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls." I thought about it and... sure. It's not like I sleep excessively though I awaken after the dawn. But still, it's an area I'd like to work on. Nothing bad about wanting to be better, right?


So, I've been waking up at 7.45AM every morning since.
(The lack of blackouts in my current room helps. =p)


I find it really good, actually. I get more done in the morning, I'm in less of a rush, and I feel tired in time to hit the sack when normal people outside of Advertising do. Take this morning, for instance. I woke up, turned off the aircon, flung open the windows, took a deep breath of fresh morning air, turned on the TV, let the Saturday morning cartoons run in the background while I did my laundry, folded the previous load, cleared the cupboards and swept the floors. All in all, I did loads even before breakfast!


I guess what I'm trying to say here are two things:
1. His Word is an endless mine of golden nuggets for good, healthy, godly living. It's up to you to read up, find them and put them to good use.

2. Everybody's got changes they need to make in life. It's up to the individual to recognise it, want to be better than they are and to put in the effort to make the change a lifestyle habit.

Okay, enough blogging. I'm gonna go grab a bite now while I wait to put a second load of laundry to wash. Have a great Saturday ahead!

5 comments :

-lte- said...

Hi again! Keep it up with this new habit!

estherlauderlyn said...

Wooo I like this post! :) I set my alarm at 8 every morning too and make sure the blind are open for the sun to wake me up in mornings :p

You're on your way to making a great change in your life by waking up early itself! :)

Pam Song said...

ATTN: -lte-
– Hey there! Yeah, I'm gonna do that! =)


ATTN: estherlauderlyn
– Haha. You, too?? Great! I've got company! Haha.

And I hope this change brings good things my way. =)

Lissa said...

Awesome. :) I've always liked getting up early. But these days, it's cooooooold. >.<

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Haha. I'd take cold over hot any day. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!