Sunday, December 06, 2009

Only The Part That Matters Right Now

"You know when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales? That fantasy of what your life would be – white dress, prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill. You'd lie in your bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming – they were so close you could taste them. But eventually you grow up; and one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they trust. But the thing is, it's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because almost everyone has that smallest bit of faith and hope that one day they would open their eyes and it would all come true."

– Meredith Grey, Grey’s Anatomy


-------------


You know, sometimes I wonder if I'm as messed up as Meredith Grey is. (And trust me, I personally think that she's a truck load of Mess with a capital M. -_-) Maybe it's cos it feels like she and I, we're equally as jaded. Equally as lost between the crossroads of Love and Relationship. Equally as lonely though not quite as alone. Equally looking for what we can't have but refuse to admit we want.


Sigh.

Such screw-ups we are.


But, whatever. Messed-up or not, I'm agreeing with her on this one – you grow up and the fairy tale disappears. So kill Hope and slay Faith. There's really no reason to have them around. Cos fairy tales...? They don't come true.


p/s: FYI, this isn't the full quote. Go Google it yourself if you wanna know how it ends. Sorry but I'm in no mood to be helpful tonight.

3 comments :

Clark said...

smart, charming, beautiful and funny.. who doesn't want to fulfill that fairy tale? =)
calling all nonpsycho-good-looking-smart-can-keep-up-with-pam guys..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Clark
– Awww, Clark, you just made bluesy Monday a whole lot brighter. Thank you. You're my rainbow on Level 3.

yapthomas said...

Ahhh... I think I just watched that Episode in Season 1. Maybe. Kinda...

Post a Comment

Talk to me!