Thursday, December 03, 2009

Contrast

I hate grey areas. Cos they're messy. I like things clear cut. Yes or no. In or out. Black or white. But oh, black and white's so yesterday. The cool crowd rolls with blue and yellow these days.


A picture of some tree in Hong Kong
at 6:05PM on 27 November 2009.
It gets dark real early there so the
street lamps come on before night falls.


But contrast isn't only pretty in pictures. It looks good in real life, too. Most of the time, at least. Cos in its presence there's no guessing what's what. What you see is what you get. Either or. No maybes, no perhaps'... and definitely no depressing shades of grey.


Those smoky depths do nothing but cloud my clarity of thought. The grey, it pokes fun at me and jeers at the lines of confusion that somehow find their way onto my forehead. It's fun at my expense and I don't like it. Cos before I even find my bearings, see land or hit ground, they cough me back up again in a sorry, gooey mess that looks nothing like the me I was before I got sucked in. I could do with a little less of that these days.


So stop it with the puzzling mind games, the teasing riddles and the juvenile peep shows. If there's something you want to do, do it. If you've got something to say, say it. Don't grey it. Cos contrast is in with me. Don't give me shades that make me think unnecessary thoughts. Or shades that throw my mind into a pits of confusion. In fact, no more shades, ok? Especially shades of grey.


I'd like to pretend-act-cool and stick to
blue and yellow, thank you very much.

6 comments :

Whaley Bear said...

Sounds familiar?

They say the bigger your investment, the bigger your return...but you have to be willing to take the chance, you have to understand you might lose it all but if you take that chance, if you invest wisely, the pay off might be surprise you... ;)

Babe,

Wherever I am, I'm loving you!

xoxo

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Whaley Bear
– Urm... familiar? Haha. Uh, I think abit the salah channel di. Haha. This post had nothing to do with investments and returns. =p

XOXO though! =)

Whaley Bear said...

Babe,

Try remembering lar, it IS familiar and nope, it's not salah channel. You didn't get it lar, you tuned in with wrong frequency lar. I know what you're thinking that I was thinking when I wrote that...but NO LOR! Haha!!!

Jeffro said...

Eh that's pretty good! Before reading I thought I should be finding birds there... As I read it, I knew for sure, that I was wrong...

CAUSE I COULDN'T FIND THE BIRD!
*shy*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Whaley Bear
– Haha. Has HK thrown me off my game??? Damn! Time to realign! =p


ATTN: Jeffro
– HAHAHA. I'm not always obsessed with looking for birds in trees okayyy. =p That one time was enough. I'd rather not see anymore birds anywhere, thank you very much. Haha.

Jeffro said...

Hehehe... But birds (out of the cages) represents freedom... I tot lotsa ppl like looking for "birds"... =P

Post a Comment

Talk to me!