Monday, December 28, 2009

Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus

ASTRO is da bomb, I tell you! Can't believe I've lived without it in KL for so long. (I only had ASTRO while I was taking my Degree. Before and after tak ada. Boo hoo.)


It really is the perfect thing to vegetate to while on holiday lah. Haha. Can channel surf until reindeer fly and brain turn to porridge also won't be bored.


This morning, I dug myself out of bed in time to watch the ending half of Single Santa Seeks Mrs. Claus. A feel-good Christmas movie that's just perfect for this Christmas time of year. =)




Characters are Nick, Santa's Assistant, Beth and Jake. Nick is the next Santa. He likes Beth but only has a week to win her over. Beth is Jake's mom. She's jaded. But she's falling for Nick. Jake likes Nick so he's all for the relationship. And Santa's Assistant is Nick's wingman.


Got it? Good. Moving on.


Here are some quotes I liked. But I've gotta warn you though, these may not be accurate word for word cos I had to type while watching. Dun have ASTRO MAX so cannot pause, play, rewind and forward. =( Anyhoo, back to the quotes.


Enjoy!


Santa's Assistant to Nick: If you don't go into the kitchen, you won't get burnt. But you will go hungry.

Sometimes, we're so afraid of the possibility of a negative outcome that we don't do what we want to do and go after what we really want for fear of failure and of getting hurt.


--------------


Beth to Nick: You know what I miss the most about loving someone? You are everything to him. And he is...
Beth & Nick: ...the other half of your heart.

It's not enough to just be someone's special someone. You'll know you're really special when you become his/her everything.


--------------


Nick to Beth: You only get one chance at a first kiss. And I want it to be perfect.

Haha. I remember mine. Funny story. Am not sharing.


--------------


Nick to Beth: I'm going to steal all the stars in the sky and give you one each time you smile. Because seeing you happy is the greatest thing in the world.

He's talking about stars. Need I say more? Haha. But yes, seeing the one you love happy is the greatest feeling on Earth. "When you're happy, I'm happy." In more Malaysian terms, that's, "I like, you like."


--------------


Beth to Nick: We were meant to be happy. You make me happy, Nick.

Finding happiness in a person. Daunting task. Not impossible though. I remember a time when the highs and lows of my day were made by just one person. Haha. So, yeah. Not impossible.


--------------


Nick to Beth: Think about what I said with your heart. Not your head. Cos your heart is so much wiser.

My personality tests always tell me that I'm a thinker by nature. Brain-led. Thought-driven. But somehow, after my brain narrows it down to the best options, my heart always gets final say. The democracy ends and at the end of the day, Heart vetoes.


--------------


Jake: If you don't believe in him, you get nothing, right?
Beth: Right.
Jake: So if you do believe in him, you've got nothing to lose.

Wise words from kid script writer. It's true though. It's terrible failing but it's even worse not having tried at all to begin with because of that crippling fear of failure. Reminds me of that quote from Lord Alfred Tennyson – "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

4 comments :

TMBF said...

I feel a strong compulsion to date you just so I could introduce you to better movies.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: TMBF
– Hahaha. Chei. It was a nice movie lah. You dunno lah you. =p

Lissa said...

Awwwww... Have you watched Love Actually? It's set around the Christmas season as well. Imma watch it during winter hols. And it has Colin Firth! DARCY! *swoons*

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Lissa
– Yeah, I have! But somehow, I didn't quite fancy it. I thought it was okay... but forgettable. -_-'''

Post a Comment

Talk to me!