Friday, December 25, 2009

This Is It

Perfectionist. Always pushing the boundaries. An eye (and an ear) for detail. Perfect pitch. Raw talent meets hard work. Small in size, bigger-than-life in voice. Intense. Unparalleled stage presence. Musical genius. Amazing dancer. Brilliant performer. Natural-born entertainer. Truly, the King of Pop.


Just some things that came to mind
as I watched the late Michael Jackson
do what he did better than anybody else,
dead or alive. No one else comes close.

But that's just his professional side.


Fun-loving. Childlike at times. Purity of soul. Sweet spirit. Righteous anger. Gracious. Gentle. Kind. Uplifting. Inspirational.


Just some other things I thought
are synonymous with the legend as cameras rolled
and showed me glimpses of the man
behind the sunnies, gloves and glittery jackets.

I was drawn into his world. Totally.


The man looks at the world through such innocent eyes. When I hear him speak of Earth, it's like he actually pains for our planet and hears her cry of desperation. That's why I have to say that a part of me is thankful I didn't watch this at the cinema while it was showing. Otherwise, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to really catch and absorb what he said before and after Earth Song, much less jot it down and share it with you.


Here's why I believe there will never
be another artist like Michael Jackson:

"I respect the secrets and magic of nature. That's what makes me so angry when I see these things that are happening in our world. That every second I hear the size of a football field is torn down in the Amazon. That kinda stuff really bothers me.

That's why I write these kinds of songs. You know, give some sense of awareness and awakening and hope to people. I love, I love the planet. I love trees. I have this things for trees. And the colours and the changing of leaves. I love it. And I respect those kinds of things.

I really feel that nature is trying so hard to compensate for man's mismanagement of the planet. Cos the planet is sick. Like a fever. If we don't fix is now... This is the point of no return. This is our last chance to fix this problem that we have. It's like a runaway train. When the time is come, this is it.

People are always saying, "Oh," they think, "They'll take care of it." "The Government'll do..." "Done with that..." "They'll..." They who?? It starts with us. It's US! Or it'll never be done."

– Michael Jackson



Michael Jackson's final curtain call
– "It's all about love."

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Talk to me!