Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Socially Handicapped

That's what I am.

And it doesn't quite help that
this *points below* is happening tonight.




What the heck do people do at these events anyways? Smile, shake hands and play let's-pretend-we're-French-by-fake-kissing-each-others'-cheeks? First things first. Do you actually even walk up to total strangers and strike up conversations? Or do you just hang with your own crowd?


And what do you wear to one of these things?! How formal is formal? In advertising, wearing dark jeans with a nice top and chunky jewellery is considered super kaulat formal already! And what's too casual? A nice sundress and some bling bling sandals okay? Haiyo! Foncusing!


And what do these people talk about? Business, politics and economic trends? *snore* But is fashion an okay topic? Or does gossiping about which wives most recently lost their husbands to which models/singers/actresses automatically position you with the in-crowd? What's boo-boo talk and what's not?!


Sigh. Maybe I'm just not cut out for the high life. Seems like it's stressing me out more than crazy deadlines and bad briefs. Haha. =p Or maybe... just maybe... tonight might change everything. Who knows? I might just like the experience too much to not go again. Hmmm. Doubtful but... we'll see. =)


So, what I'm gonna do is this: I'm gonna go hi-bye-hahaha-you-so-funny-you're-right-this-is-good-foie-gras with people I probably won't meet again till the next hoity-toity party. (If ever I get invited back to one of these things. -_-')


YOU, on the other hand, should WISH ME LUCK AND PRAY THAT I WON'T MAKE A FOOL OF MYSELF BY TRIPPING AND CRACKING MY HEAD OPEN ON RED CARPET (eh, at least same colour so at least cannot really see the blood) OR MAKE TONIGHT THE NIGHT I RIP MY REPUTATION TO SHREDS AND SCREW MY CHANCES OF SNAGGING ME MY OWN CULTURED CUTIE!


Then hope that I make it out
alive to blog another day. -_-'
(Drama is necessary in the presence of Stress.)

3 comments :

ChickLit said...

I would've thought all those Gossip Girl marathons you've been having would've given you some sort of idea on what to do...

In any case, it's official: you are now part of the KL glitterati...savour it, DAH-ling!

Resurrected said...

Oooo hope you have a great dress for the event =D

Pam Song said...

ATTN: boone
– GG is different! I'm like the Humphreys! -_-' And no, I'm in no way a part of this group. Haha. No way.


ATTN: Resurrected
– I didn't wear a dress. =p

Post a Comment

Talk to me!