Saturday, April 04, 2009

When Friends Turn Into Family

Tonight made me realise how much I've missed not having certain people in my life. People who, at one time, mattered a great deal to me. Who still do matter to me, actually. And for me, this realisation was the beautiful byproduct of me picking up the phone, setting a date and actually meeting up with those special individuals once again. By actively making time for them, spending time with them.


Sharing good conversation. Lots of laughs. Big smiles. Tight hugs. A bag of new clothes bought especially for me and a new dress passed on to me. A red packet even after CNY came and went eons ago.


The ang pow that rounds up Chinese New Year '09.


All the things I missed while I was "away."


So what I say is this: Screw the rules of convention. Tonight, I bid Social Traditions 'goodbye.' It's really about time that I started cutting those red tapes loose. The ones that I'd somehow unknowingly allowed bind me over the last 9 months. Tapes that stopped me from hanging out with those who matter to me. People whom, if I want to keep having them matter to me at all, I should openly be able to care for and spend time with.

15 comments :

Unknown said...

"How much was inside that angpow?" asked the Kungpow Chicken.

Bureaucracy
is
thumping
competence
helplessly

Whaley Bear said...

I reckon, babe. It's time....

Jeffro said...

Pfft.. You took that long to realized that? *pats Pam's back* Well like we all like to say, Better late than never! =D

I like the good conversations and tight hugs, but the part where big smiles and lotsa laughs... Now that's what matters at anytime, anywhere, anyhow..

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– @_@ You're getting weirder by the day, Chris!


ATTN: Whaley Bear
– Yes, and I'm glad it happened.


ATTN: Jeffro
– You're right. That's what matters. And sometimes, that's even all that matters. =)

Unknown said...

What?! I was juz rhyming the words.

Jeffro said...

*gently asking* So whatcha gonna do after this?

SMILE! LAUGH! SMILE! LAUGH! SMILE!
lol... Now double up! =D hahaha..

estherlauderlyn said...

you.....*sob*

you didnt tell me *sob sniffle* you were coming :( I would've made joel send me back from our movie even if we were in the middle of it :(

AND LUNCH! YOU KNOW IF YOU KNOCKED ON MY DOOR I WOULD'VE HOPPED RIGHT UP AND INTO DECENT CLOTHES I WONT EVEN BRUSH ME TEETH OK! sigh. 2 chances! just like that.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Chris
– Rhyming!? How is that considered rhyming, pray tell?


ATTN: Jeffro
– I will! I will!


ATTN: estherlauderlyn
– YOU LAAAAA!!! MIA all weekend. All the time out with bf only. Come home sleep summore never take off make up. (HAH! YOU THINK I DUNNO!) Boo. Make up for lost time, woman! CALL!

Jeffro said...

*grins*

Whaley Bear said...

I'm glad for you too, then.

I came across this quote that I thought I wanted to share with you,

It sounds something like this....

"Moving on is simple, what you leave behind that makes it difficult".

Thanks for everything, babe.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Jeffro
– I did something. What did YOU do??


ATTN: Whaley Bear
– Care to shed some light on the quote? And what's there to thank me about? I did nothing.

Whaley Bear said...

Well, thank you for doing nothing then.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Whaley Bear
– Wow, that held so many innuendos.

Whaley Bear said...

Sigh...I meant the thank you from my heart so there isn't any innuendo on my part.

Pam Song said...

ATTN: Whaley Bear
– Really? Sigh. So I guess we know that non-verbal, online communication isn't exactly the best way to go about a friendship, huh?

Post a Comment

Talk to me!